The fund was located in North America if to be more exact in United States. The leading representative office of defined VC is situated in the Palo Alto.
Deals in the range of 10 - 50 millions dollars are the general things for fund. This Vertex Ventures HC works on 15 percentage points less the average amount of lead investments comparing to the other organizations. Considering the real fund results, this VC is 15 percentage points less often commits exit comparing to other organizations. The average startup value when the investment from Vertex Ventures HC is 50-100 millions dollars. The high activity for fund was in 2017. The top amount of exits for fund were in 2019. The fund is constantly included in 2-6 investment rounds annually.
Among the various public portfolio startups of the fund, we may underline Earlens Corporation, Obsidian Therapeutics, Twentyeight-Seven Therapeutics The fund has exact preference in a number of founders of portfolio startups. In case when startup counts 1 or 5+ of the founder, the chance for it to get the investment is meager. Among the most popular fund investment industries, there are Health Care, Health Diagnostics. For fund there is a match between the location of its establishment and the land of its numerous investments - United States. Besides, a startup requires to be at the age of 6-10 years to receive the investment from the fund.
The overall number of key employees were 2.
The typical case for the fund is to invest in rounds with 8-9 participants. Despite the Vertex Ventures HC, startups are often financed by Vertex Ventures, New Enterprise Associates, Versant Ventures. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are Morgenthaler Ventures, Windham Venture Partners, Versant Ventures. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by Vertex Ventures, Windham Venture Partners, New Enterprise Associates.
Funds with similar focus
|Adecco||Glattbrugg, Switzerland, Zurich|
|BBH Capital Partners||-|
|CDTI||California, United States, Ventura|
|CVCC Zhongshi Capital||China, Guangdong, Shenzhen|
|Enbridge||Alberta, Calgary, Canada|
|Hoolai Games||Beijing, Beijing, China|
|Huayue Machineries||China, Shaanxi, Xian Shi|
|MTM||Missouri, St Louis, United States|
|On Air Investments||-|
|Quartet Ventures||Australia, New South Wales, Sydney|
|Shengmei Guquan Touzi Jijin Guanli||Beibei, China, Chongqing|
|Shenzhen Chunshang Capital||China, Guangdong, Shenzhen|
|Techweek||Chicago, Illinois, United States|
|The Startup Factory||Durham, North Carolina, United States|
|VersoVentures||Finland, Helsinki, Southern Finland|
|Virginia Founders Fund||-|
|Zhongkefuhua Innovation Investment||Anhui, China, Kunshan|
|$60M||15 Sep 2021||Menlo Park, California, United States|
|$115M||09 Sep 2021||Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States|
|$265M||04 Aug 2021||South San Francisco, California, United States|
|$65M||20 Jul 2021||San Jose, California, United States|
|$65M||18 Nov 2020||New York, United States|
|$100M||17 Sep 2020||Massachusetts, United States|
|$32M||21 Jul 2020||New York, New York, United States|
|$85M||19 Dec 2019||San Diego, California, United States|
|$85M||18 Dec 2019||California, United States|
– Obsidian Therapeutics, Inc. is a Cambridge, Mass.-based biotechnology company pioneering engineered cell and gene therapies.
– The company closed a $115m Series B financing.
– The round was led by The Column Group Crossover Fund (TCGX) with participation from RA Capital Management, Surveyor Capital (a Citadel company), Cowen Healthcare Investments, Deep Track Capital, Logos Capital, Pivotal BioVenture Partners, Samsara BioCapital, and Soleus Capital, and existing investors Atlas Venture, Vertex Ventures HC, Amgen Ventures, and Bristol Myers Squibb.
– Proceeds from the financing will be used to drive Obsidian’s lead tumor infiltrating lymphocyte (TIL) program, cytoTIL15, into the clinic and to first clinical data for the treatment of metastatic melanoma. In addition, the company plans to rapidly expand cytoTIL15 into multiple other solid tumor types and to advance its commercial manufacturing build.
– Neuspera Medical Inc. closed a $65m series C equity financing.
– The round was co-led by Vertex Ventures HC and Treo Ventures with participation from returning Series A and Series B investors Action Potential Venture Capital and Windham Venture Partners.
– The new funding will be used to conduct the SANS-UUI pivotal clinical study of its miniaturized implantable neuromodulation technology platform for use in subjects with Urinary Urgency Incontinence, a symptom of overactive bladder (OAB).
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.