LaunchCapital is the famous VC, which was founded in 2008. The fund was located in North America if to be more exact in United States. The main department of described VC is located in the New Haven.
The typical case for the fund is to invest in rounds with 4-5 participants. Despite the LaunchCapital, startups are often financed by 500 Startups, Will Herman, MassChallenge. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are CVP, Wavemaker Partners, Silicon Badia. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by CVP, Grace Beauty Capital, 500 Startups.
Deals in the range of 1 - 5 millions dollars are the general things for fund. The fund is generally included in 13-24 deals every year. The high activity for fund was in 2011. Despite it in 2019 the fund had an activity. The increased amount of exits for fund were in 2017. The real fund results show that this VC is 15 percentage points less often commits exit comparing to other companies. Opposing the other organizations, this LaunchCapital works on 15 percentage points less the average amount of lead investments. The average startup value when the investment from LaunchCapital is 5-10 millions dollars.
The fund was created by Elon Boms. The overall number of key employees were 6.
Among the various public portfolio startups of the fund, we may underline Formlabs, Helix, Crew The fund has no exact preference in a number of founders of portfolio startups. In case when startup counts 5+ of the founder, the chance for it to get the investment is meager. For fund there is a match between the location of its establishment and the land of its numerous investments - United States. Moreover, a startup needs to be at the age of 2-3 years to get the investment from the fund. Among the most successful fund investment fields, there are Enterprise Software, Information Technology.
Funds with similar focus
|$16M||25 Aug 2021||United States, Santa Monica|
|$4M||19 Jul 2021||United States, Burlington|
|$18M||07 Jun 2021||United States, San Jose|
|$8M||15 Apr 2021||Chicago Illinois United States|
|$8M||04 Aug 2020||Boston Massachusetts United States|
|$2M||06 Nov 2019||Pennsylvania United States|
|$11M||21 May 2019||Massachusetts United States|
|$11M||20 May 2019||Massachusetts United States|
Benchmark Space Systems
|$1M||30 Nov 2018||United States Vermont|
– 6K Energy is a battery developer based in Hayward, CA.
– Company raised $45m in Series B funding.
– The round was led by Volta Energy Technologies with participation from Catalus Capital, S Cap/Prithvi Ventures, Anzu Partners, Launch Capital, Material Impact and RKS Ventures.
– The new investment will be used to complete its Battery Development Center of Excellence.
– Involve.ai is a customer intelligence platform, based in Los Angeles.
– The company raised $16m in Series A funding from Sapphire Ventures, with participation from existing investors Bonfire Ventures, Greycroft, Launch Capital, BDMI and new investors GTMfund, Fenwick, Gokul Rajaram, Stanford University and Michael Whitmire.
– The new investment will be used to accelerate the company’s product roadmap, expand its go-to-market teams and improve customer experience.
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.