In 1996 was created Idealab, which is appeared as Corporate Investor. The fund was located in North America if to be more exact in United States. The main office of represented Corporate Investor is situated in the Pasadena.
The typical case for the fund is to invest in rounds with 4-5 participants. Despite the Idealab, startups are often financed by Moore Capital, Y Combinator, Kleiner Perkins. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are Moore Capital, Primedia Ventures, Accel. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by Upfront Ventures, Penske Automotive Group, Moore Capital.
The fund has specific favorite in a number of founders of portfolio startups. If startup sums 4 of the founder, the chance for it to be financed is low. Besides, a startup requires to be at the age of 4-5 years to receive the investment from the fund. Among the most popular fund investment industries, there are Internet, Analytics. Among the most popular portfolio startups of the fund, we may highlight Fair, Branch, Aptera. For fund there is a match between the country of its foundation and the country of its the most frequent investments - United States.
The current fund was established by Bill Gross, Marcia Goodstein, Tom Hughes. The overall number of key employees were 1.
The fund is constantly included in 2-6 deals per year. The increased amount of exits for fund were in 2015. The common things for fund are deals in the range of 10 - 50 millions dollars. The average startup value when the investment from Idealab is 5-10 millions dollars. This Idealab works on 1 percentage points less the average amount of lead investments comparing to the other organizations. The real fund results show that this Corporate Investor is 9 percentage points less often commits exit comparing to other companies. The important activity for fund was in 2000. Despite it in 2019 the fund had an activity.
Funds with similar focus
|$35M||19 Oct 2021||Pasadena, California, United States|
|$100M||25 Aug 2021||Ticino, Switzerland|
|$1M||06 Apr 2021||-|
|$3M||10 Mar 2021||Pasadena, California, United States|
|$3M||10 Mar 2020||Pasadena, California, United States|
|$3M||05 Nov 2019||San Francisco, California, United States|
|15 Oct 2019||Pasadena, California, United States|
|$10M||04 Apr 2018||Pasadena, California, United States|
|$16M||07 Sep 2017||Santa Monica, California, United States|
– Energy Vault is a Westlake Village, CA-based creator of gravity-based, grid-scale energy storage solutions with its proprietary technology.
– Company raised $100m in Series C funding.
– The round was led by existing investor Prime Movers Lab, with participation from other existing investors SoftBank Vision Fund, Saudi Aramco Energy Ventures, Helena, and Idealab X, and new investors Pickering Energy Partners through its Energy Equity Opportunity Fund, SailingStone Global Energy Transition, A.T. Gekko, Crexa Capital Advisors LLC, Green Storage Solutions Venture I LLC, and Gordon Crawford.
– The company intends to use the funds to ramp up multi-continent deployments of its innovative EVx™ platform, including fulfilling a pipeline of customer agreements across markets in the U.S., Middle East, Europe, and Australia.
– Cheese, a digital bank for the Asian-American community, raised $3.6m in funding.
– The round was led by iFly.vc and joined by Amplify, Adam Nash, former CEO of Wealthfront; Zillow co-founder Spencer Rascoff and VC firms Wedbush Ventures, Idealab and Operate Venture Studio.
– The startup has partnered with actor Jimmy Wong, an advocate for Asian rights.
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.