Generation Investment Management is the famous VC, which was founded in 2004. The fund was located in Europe if to be more exact in United Kingdom. The main department of described VC is located in the London.
The fund was created by Al Gore, Colin le Duc, David Blood, Mark Ferguson, Miguel Nogales, Peter Harris. The overall number of key employees were 8.
Moreover, a startup needs to be at the age of 6-10 years to get the investment from the fund. Among the various public portfolio startups of the fund, we may underline DocuSign, SolarCity, Asana Among the most successful fund investment fields, there are Software, Transportation. The fund has no exact preference in some founders of portfolio startups. When startup sums 5+ of the founder, the probability for it to get the investment is little. For fund there is no match between the country of its foundation and the country of its the most frequent investments - United States.
The increased amount of exits for fund were in 2012. The usual things for fund are deals in the range of 50 - 100 millions dollars. Considering the real fund results, this VC is 24 percentage points more often commits exit comparing to other organizations. The top activity for fund was in 2011. Despite it in 2019 the fund had an activity. The fund is constantly included in 2-6 investment rounds annually. When the investment is from Generation Investment Management the average startup value is more than 1 billion dollars. Comparing to the other companies, this Generation Investment Management performs on 14 percentage points less the average number of lead investments.
The standard case for the fund is to invest in rounds with 4-5 partakers. Despite the Generation Investment Management, startups are often financed by Benchmark, Balderton Capital, Virgin Green Fund. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are Kleiner Perkins, DAG Ventures, True North Venture Partners. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by DAG Ventures, True North Venture Partners, Kleiner Perkins.
Funds with similar focus
|183 Invest||South Carolina, Sweden, United States|
|Bangladesh Angels||Bangladesh, Dhaka, Dhaka Division|
|Coppermine Capital||Boston, Massachusetts, United States|
|Cthulhu Ventures||California, Sausalito, United States|
|Danone Manifesto Venture||New York, New York, United States|
|Defense Threat Reduction Agency (DTRA)||-|
|Filaction||Canada, Quebec, Quebec|
|Friends, Family and Fools||-|
|IVANS healthcare network||Connecticut, Hartford, United States|
|NIC Fund||Lisboa, Lisbon, Portugal|
|Peacock Equity||New York, New York, United States|
|Pelion Venture Partners||Salt Lake City, United States, Utah|
|Portfolio Advisors||Connecticut, Darien, United States|
|Praefinium Partners||England, London, United Kingdom|
|Rami Levy Hashikma Marketing||Israel, Jerusalem, Jerusalem District|
|Sprout Venture Partners||Bangalore, India, Karnataka|
|Ulster Bank Diageo Venture Fund||County Dublin, Dublin, Ireland|
|Windsor Private Capital||Canada, Ontario, Toronto|
|Yongrong Touzi||Beijing, Beijing, China|
|$50M||26 Jul 2022||San Francisco, California, United States|
|$90M||28 Jun 2022||New York, New York, United States|
|$295M||05 Apr 2022||New Taipei, Taiwan|
|$75M||01 Mar 2022||Nairobi, Nairobi, Kenya|
|$295M||26 Jan 2022||Dallas, Texas, United States|
|$510M||11 Jan 2022||Paris, Ile-de-France, France|
|$200M||29 Sep 2021||New York, New York, United States|
|$655M||27 Sep 2021||London, England, United Kingdom|
|$210M||22 Sep 2021||Paris, Ile-de-France, France|
– Pivot Bio, a Berkeley, CA-based nitrogen innovator in agriculture, closed a $430m Series D funding.
– The round was led by DCVC and Temasek with participation from Generation Investment Management, G2 Venture Partners, Rockefeller Capital Management, Breakthrough Energy Ventures, Continental Grain Company, Prelude Ventures; Pavilion Capital, Bunge Ventures, Tekfen Ventures, and Roger Underwood.
– The company intends to use the funds to focus on scaling its U.S. business and expanding into key international markets.
– AlayaCare, a global home and community care software company, announced a $225m CAD Series D funding round led by Generation Investment Management LLP with participation from Klass Capital and incumbent investors Inovia Capital, CDPQ, and Investissement Québec.
– The US is now the fastest-growing part of AlayaCare’s business, representing 7x growth in the last 24 months.
– AlayaCare will use the funding to continue global expansion, hire additional staff and further invest in innovation capabilities to build a more complete post-acute offering in addition to products that help solve labour market issues around employee shortages and churn.
– The transaction was supported by TD Securities Inc. as exclusive financial advisor, Aust Legal, and Stikeman Elliott LLP who acted as advisors for AlayaCare.
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.