In 2011 was created Falcon Edge Capital, which is appeared as VC. The leading representative office of defined VC is situated in the New York. The fund was located in North America if to be more exact in United States.
For fund there is no match between the location of its establishment and the land of its numerous investments - India. Among the most popular portfolio startups of the fund, we may highlight Olacabs, OfBusiness, DealShare. Among the most popular fund investment industries, there are Lending, Ride Sharing. Moreover, a startup needs to be at the age of 4-5 years to get the investment from the fund. The fund has exact preference in some founders of portfolio startups. In case when startup counts 1 or 4 of the founder, the chance for it to get the investment is meager.
The standard case for the fund is to invest in rounds with 4 partakers. Despite the Falcon Edge Capital, startups are often financed by Matrix Partners India, Sequoia Capital India, Omidyar Network. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are Sequoia Capital India, Matrix Partners India, Accel. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by Tekne Capital, InnoVen Capital, Epiq Capital.
The overall number of key employees were 3.
The high activity for fund was in 2019. The real fund results show that this VC is 30 percentage points more often commits exit comparing to other companies. The fund is constantly included in 2-6 deals per year. Deals in the range of 10 - 50 millions dollars are the general things for fund. The typical startup value when the investment from Falcon Edge Capital is more than 1 billion dollars.
Ola Electric Mobility
|30 Aug 2021||Bengaluru, Karnataka, India|
1K Kirana Bazaar
|$6M||17 Aug 2021||Gurgaon, Haryana, India|
|$160M||31 Jul 2021||Gurugram, Haryana, India|
|$100M||21 Jul 2021||Jakarta, Jakarta Raya, Indonesia|
|$214M||19 Jul 2021||Faridabad, Haryana, India|
|$1B||12 Jul 2021||Bengaluru, Karnataka, India|
|$50M||02 Jun 2021||Bengaluru, Karnataka, India|
|$50M||31 May 2021||Bengaluru, Karnataka, India|
|$120M||17 May 2021||Singapore, Central, Singapore|
– GudangAda, a Jakarta-based marketplace that brings wholesalers closer to retail stores and other buyers, announced it has closed a Series B of more than $100 million.
– The company says the round was oversubscribed, passing its initial target of $75 million.
– The funding was led by Asia Partners and Falcon Edge, with participation from Sequoia Capital India, Alpha JWC and Wavemaker Partners.
– This brings GudangAda’s total raised so far to about $135 million.
– Its last funding was a $25.4 million Series A last year, led by Sequoia Capital India and Alpha JWC.
– Founded in January 2019, GudangAda is now used by half a million SMEs and covers 500 cities in Indonesia.
– Wugen, Inc. completed an oversubscribed $172m Series B financing led by Abingworth and Tybourne Capital Management, and joined by new investors Fidelity Management and Research Company, Intermediate Capital Group, Sands Capital, Aisling Capital Management, Alexandria Venture Investments, Velosity Capital and Falcon Edge Capital.
– Existing investors, including RiverVest Venture Partners, LYZZ Capital, and Lightchain Capital, also participated.
– In connection with the financing, Bali Muralidhar, M.D., Ph.D., Managing Partner at Abingworth, Bosun Hau, Managing Director at Tybourne Capital Management, and Peter Kiener, Ph.D., Venture Partner at ICG, will join Wugen’s Board of Directors.
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.