In 2011 was created Expansion Venture Capital, which is appeared as VC. The main office of represented VC is situated in the New York. The company was established in North America in United States.
Among the most successful fund investment fields, there are SaaS, Health Care. Besides, a startup needs to be aged 2-3 years to get the investment from the fund. The fund has exact preference in a number of founders of portfolio startups. In case when startup counts 5+ of the founder, the chance for it to get the investment is meager. Among the most popular portfolio startups of the fund, we may highlight Lemonade, Postmates, The RealReal. For fund there is a match between the country of its foundation and the country of its the most frequent investments - United States.
The typical case for the fund is to invest in rounds with 7-8 participants. Despite the Expansion Venture Capital, startups are often financed by Techstars, Fontinalis Partners, Camber Creek. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are Lerer Hippeau, Founder Collective, Fontinalis Partners. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by Canaan Partners, Spark Capital, Lerer Hippeau.
The typical startup value when the investment from Expansion Venture Capital is 50-100 millions dollars. The top activity for fund was in 2013. Deals in the range of 5 - 10 millions dollars are the general things for fund. The fund is constantly included in 2-6 investment rounds annually. The higher amount of exits for fund were in 2019. The real fund results show that this VC is 16 percentage points less often commits exit comparing to other companies. Comparing to the other companies, this Expansion Venture Capital performs on 19 percentage points less the average number of lead investments.
The fund was created by Joseph Melohn, Ryan Melohn. We also calculated 2 valuable employees in our database.
Funds with similar focus
|$4M||23 Feb 2021||Old Toronto, Ontario, Canada|
|11 Feb 2020||New York, United States|
|$8M||31 Dec 2019||New York, United States|
|$11M||05 Aug 2019||San Diego, California, United States|
|01 Apr 2019||New York, New York, United States|
|12 Feb 2019||Berkeley, California, United States|
|19 Jan 2019||Kansas City, Missouri, United States|
|$2M||28 Jun 2018||New York, New York, United States|
|$2M||04 Apr 2018||Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States|
– Yieldstreet, a NYC-based digital investing platform, raised $100m in Series C funding round.
– The round was led by Tarsadia Investments, joined by Kingfisher Investment, Top Tier Capital Partners and Gaingels, as well as existing investors Edison Partners, Soros Fund Management, Greenspring Associates, Raine Ventures, Greycroft and Expansion Venture Capital.
– The new investment will be used to expand its user base, develop new investment products, explore international expansion, and pursue strategic acquisitions.
– CollegeBacker has rebranded to Backer and raised $8.4m in venture capital.
– Backer is a social savings platform that brings digital investment advice to 529 plans.
– Backer’s latest round of funding was led by Crosslink Capital with participation from Rally Ventures, Correlation Ventures, and Expansion Ventures. Jim Feuille, early investor and board member at Chime, Pandora, and Personal Capital, has joined the Backer board. Other investors include SoFi co-founder Dan Macklin, Patreon co-founder Sam Yam, veteran fintech investor Tom Blaisdell, along with Reach Capital, Ulu Ventures, Great Oaks Venture Capital, and several universities (Princeton, Dartmouth, and USC).
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.