Evonik Venture Capital
Evonik Venture Capital is the renowned VC, which was created in 2012. The main office of this VC is situated in Hanau. The fund is located in Germany, Europe. Evonik Venture Capital is a CVC is a part of a larger organization.
The most common rounds for this fund are in the range of 5 - 10 millions dollars. The fund generally invests in 2-6 deals every year. The fund's activity peaked in 2014. Besides, in 2019 the fund was active. In comparison with other funds, Evonik Venture Capital makes 22 percentage points less than the average number of lead investments. In real terms, this VC performs 40 percentage points more exits than other funds. We recorded the biggest number of exits for this fund in 2018.
The usual method for the fund is to invest in rounds with 2-3 other investors. Besides Evonik Venture Capital, start-ups are typically funded by Horizons Ventures, Tau Ventures, SAM Private Equity and 12 more VCs. The fund often co-invests with Masdar Capital, BASF Venture Capital, VisVires New Protein. In subsequent rounds, the fund is usually supported by Independence Equity, Huron River Ventures, Formation 8, out of 1 investor from our database.
The fund was created by Lars Boehnisch. The overall number of key employees in the fund's team is 4.
Modern Meadow, FRX Polymers, Biosynthetic Technologies are amongst the various portfolio companies of this fund. The fund has no an exact preference in the amount of founders of companies in its portfolio. If there are 5+ founders in the start-up, the probability of getting the investment is low. The country of its foundation and the country of the most frequent investments for the fund doesn't coincide - United States. In addition to this location, the fund participated in 3 other locations. Also, a start-up has to be aged 6-10 years to expect investment from this fund. We can highlight the most popular investment areas for this fund, such as Health Care, Advanced Materials. In addition, there are 8 more industries where it has achieved success.
Group Appearance [how often fund is operating separately from groups with shared interest]
100.0% of cases
Investments per Year [average amount of rounds in which fund participates each year]
Follow-on Index [how often fund is ready to support its portfolio startup at next rounds]
6.7% of cases
By posting comments on our website you confirm and acknowledge that:
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.