Duke Angel Network is the famous Corporate Investor, which was founded in 2015. The leading representative office of defined Corporate Investor is situated in the Durham. The fund was located in North America if to be more exact in United States.
The typical case for the fund is to invest in rounds with 3-4 participants. Despite the Duke Angel Network, startups are often financed by Techstars, SOSV, Jean Hammond. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are Triangle Angel Partners, Idan Koren, Carolina Angel Network. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by Triangle Venture Alliance, Primary Venture Partners, North Carolina Biotechnology Center.
The fund was created by John Glushik.
For fund there is a match between the location of its establishment and the land of its numerous investments - United States. Among the most popular fund investment industries, there are Finance, Manufacturing. The fund has exact preference in a number of founders of portfolio startups. Besides, a startup needs to be aged 2-3 years to get the investment from the fund. Among the various public portfolio startups of the fund, we may underline Baebies, Fathom AI, InnAVasc Medical
The increased amount of exits for fund were in 2018. This Duke Angel Network works on 22 percentage points less the average amount of lead investments comparing to the other organizations. The real fund results show that this Corporate Investor is 13 percentage points less often commits exit comparing to other companies. The usual things for fund are deals in the range of 1 - 5 millions dollars. The important activity for fund was in 2016. Despite it in 2019 the fund had an activity. The fund is constantly included in 2-6 investment rounds annually.
Funds with similar focus
|$19M||13 Jul 2022||Durham, North Carolina, United States|
|$5M||14 Dec 2021||Madison, Wisconsin, United States|
|$45M||20 Oct 2021||California, United States|
|$70M||08 Jul 2021||Durham, North Carolina, United States|
|$31M||03 Jun 2021||Boston, Massachusetts, United States|
|$50M||25 Feb 2021||California, United States|
|$9M||02 Feb 2021||California, United States|
|$6M||13 Oct 2020||Fort Worth, Texas, United States|
|$4M||11 Oct 2020||Raleigh, North Carolina, United States|
– Xilis, Inc. announced the close of a $70m Series A financing.
– The round was led by Mubadala Capital and joined by new investors including GV, LSP, Catalio Capital Management, and Duke Angel Network.
– Current investors Felicis Ventures, Two Sigma Ventures, Pear VC, KdT Ventures, and Alix Ventures also participated.
– Xilis is based on decades of biomedical, oncology, and stem cell research by its three co-founders.
– Dr. Clevers, a Breakthrough Prize winner, is the inventor and pioneer of the organoid technology.
– Dr. Shen and Dr. Hsu are accomplished engineering and medical professors at Duke University and experts in precision medicine.
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.