Dolby Family Ventures is the famous VC, which was founded in 2014. The fund was located in North America if to be more exact in United States. The main department of described VC is located in the San Francisco.
The higher amount of exits for fund were in 2017. The important activity for fund was in 2015. Despite it in 2019 the fund had an activity. The fund is generally included in 2-6 deals every year. Speaking about the real fund results, this VC is 12 percentage points less often commits exit comparing to other organizations. This Dolby Family Ventures works on 14 percentage points less the average amount of lead investments comparing to the other organizations. The typical startup value when the investment from Dolby Family Ventures is 100-500 millions dollars. Deals in the range of 10 - 50 millions dollars are the general things for fund.
The typical case for the fund is to invest in rounds with 5-6 participants. Despite the Dolby Family Ventures, startups are often financed by Lux Capital, IP Group Plc, Data Collective DCVC. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are Lux Capital, Data Collective DCVC, Breakout Ventures. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by Breakout Ventures, Lux Capital, Data Collective DCVC.
For fund there is a match between the location of its establishment and the land of its numerous investments - United States. We can highlight the next thriving fund investment areas, such as Life Science, Therapeutics. The fund has no exact preference in some founders of portfolio startups. If startup sums 5+ of the founder, the chance for it to be financed is low. Moreover, a startup needs to be at the age of 4-5 years to get the investment from the fund. Among the most popular portfolio startups of the fund, we may highlight Atomwise, Vium, Tempo Automation.
We also calculated 2 valuable employees in our database.
Funds with similar focus
Ursa Major Technologies
|$85M||07 Dec 2021||Colorado, United States|
|$77M||16 Nov 2021||California, United States|
|04 Nov 2021||Sunnyvale, California, United States|
|$24M||18 Oct 2021||Kansas City, Missouri, United States|
|28 Sep 2021||Berkeley, California, United States|
|$8M||19 Aug 2021||Fremont, California, United States|
|$7M||22 Jul 2021||Pasadena, California, United States|
|$17M||10 May 2021||San Francisco, California, United States|
|$8M||01 Mar 2021||Kansas City, Missouri, United States|
– TripleBlind, a startup that has devised a way to encrypt data so that it can be shared without ever being decrypted or even leaving the data owner’s firewall, and keeping the whole process compliant with data protection regulations, raised $24m in Series A funding.
– The round was co-led by General Catalyst and the Mayo Clinic, with AVG Basecamp Fund, Accenture Ventures, Clocktower Technology Ventures, Dolby Family Ventures, Flyover Capital, KCRise Fund, NextGen Venture Partners and Wavemaker Three-Sixty Health also participating.
– The company estimates there are some 43 zetabytes of data stored by enterprises today globally that is not being used as it could be because of the limitations imposed both by these and other data protection rules, as well as general hesitancy over sharing IP and other issues around sharing data.
– Diamond Age, a full stack robotics startup that is automating new home construction to make home ownership more affordable, raised an $8m seed round.
– The round was led by Prime Movers Lab and Alpaca VC.
– Additional investors include Dolby Family Ventures, Calm Ventures, Gaingels, Towerview Ventures, GFA Venture Partners, and Suffolk Construction.
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.