Atlas Venture is the famous VC, which was founded in 1980. The leading representative office of defined VC is situated in the Cambridge. The fund was located in North America if to be more exact in United States.
The fund was created by Michiel de Haan. Besides them, we counted 6 critical employees of this fund in our database.
The average startup value when the investment from Atlas Venture is 10-50 millions dollars. Considering the real fund results, this VC is 8 percentage points more often commits exit comparing to other organizations. The top activity for fund was in 2014. Despite it in 2019 the fund had an activity. Opposing the other organizations, this Atlas Venture works on 3 percentage points less the average amount of lead investments. The higher amount of exits for fund were in 2014. Deals in the range of 10 - 50 millions dollars are the general things for fund. The fund is constantly included in 13-24 investment rounds annually.
The usual cause for the fund is to invest in rounds with 4-5 partakers. Despite the Atlas Venture, startups are often financed by Techstars Boston Accelerator, Highland Capital Partners, Bessemer Venture Partners. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are Sofinnova Investments, Partners Innovation Fund, Flagship Pioneering. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by Venrock, Silicon Valley Bank, SV Health Investors.
Besides, a startup requires to be at the age of 4-5 years to receive the investment from the fund. Among the most popular fund investment industries, there are Software, Medical. The fund has no exact preference in a number of founders of portfolio startups. When startup sums 4 of the founder, the probability for it to get the investment is little. For fund there is a match between the country of its foundation and the country of its the most frequent investments - United States. Among the various public portfolio startups of the fund, we may underline Isilon Systems, DraftKings, Carbon Black
Funds with similar focus
|$68M||28 Sep 2022||London, England, United Kingdom|
|$125M||12 Sep 2022||Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States|
|$53M||10 Aug 2022||Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States|
|$70M||17 May 2022||Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States|
|$110M||19 Apr 2022||Natick, Massachusetts, United States|
|$130M||14 Apr 2022||Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States|
|$64M||10 Feb 2022||Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States|
|$30M||09 Dec 2021||Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States|
|$75M||01 Dec 2021||Boston, Massachusetts, United States|
– Obsidian Therapeutics, Inc. is a Cambridge, Mass.-based biotechnology company pioneering engineered cell and gene therapies.
– The company closed a $115m Series B financing.
– The round was led by The Column Group Crossover Fund (TCGX) with participation from RA Capital Management, Surveyor Capital (a Citadel company), Cowen Healthcare Investments, Deep Track Capital, Logos Capital, Pivotal BioVenture Partners, Samsara BioCapital, and Soleus Capital, and existing investors Atlas Venture, Vertex Ventures HC, Amgen Ventures, and Bristol Myers Squibb.
– Proceeds from the financing will be used to drive Obsidian’s lead tumor infiltrating lymphocyte (TIL) program, cytoTIL15, into the clinic and to first clinical data for the treatment of metastatic melanoma. In addition, the company plans to rapidly expand cytoTIL15 into multiple other solid tumor types and to advance its commercial manufacturing build.
– Disc Medicine from Cambridge MA develops therapeutic candidates for hematology.
– Series B $90M round was led by OrbiMed and attracted new investor – Arix Bioscience as well as existing investors Atlas Venture, Novo Holdings and Access Biotechnology.
– The new investment will be aimed at developing the company’s hematology pipeline of therapeutic candidates.
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.