This summary is composed by our algorithm based on the analysis of the deals. If you think that some of this information is not accurate, please let us know about it and provide any supporting evidences if possible. Such cases will be analyzed by our ML-algorithm and implemented in our database, which will improve this summary.
United States, Pleasanton
Tri-Valley Ventures was established in 2017, and is a well known VC. The VC's location is in North America, United States. The main office of this VC is situated in Pleasanton.
The fund's activity peaked in 2018. Additionally, in 2019 the fund was active. When Tri-Valley Ventures invests, the average start-up valuation is 10-50 millions dollars. The fund usually participates in less than 2 investment rounds per year. Deals in the range of 5 - 10 millions dollars are most common for this fund. In real terms, this VC performs 30 percentage points more exits than other funds.
Unchained Labs, Cowbell Cyber Inc, SocialSurvey are among the most popular portfolio start-ups of the fund. Among the most popular investment industries for the fund are Reputation, Software. However, the fund’s focus is not limited to this, since there are 8 more areas of investment. The fund has no an exact preference in the amount of founders of companies in its portfolio. Also, a start-up has to be aged 4-5 years to expect investment from this fund. The country of its foundation and the country of its most frequent investments coincides - United States.
The fund usually invests in rounds together with 2-3 others. Along with Tri-Valley Ventures, start-ups are often financed by TPG Biotech, Novo Ventures, Canaan Partners. Other VCs who often invest in the same rounds are Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati, TPG Biotech, Silicon Valley Data Capital. In subsequent rounds, the fund is usually joined by Silicon Valley Bank.
This VC was founded by Greg Hitchan. Besides the listed founders, we have found 5 key employees of this fund in our database.
Group Appearance [how often fund is operating separately from groups with shared interest]
100.0% of cases
Investments per Year [average amount of rounds in which fund participates each year]
Average Portfolio Company
Exit Age [the average age of portfolio startups at which they go public or become acquired]
Success / Strategy Similarity
Index [the matching between fund's investment strategy and its proved successes in the form of portfolio startups high valuations]
0.3 out of 1
Funds Investing in Following
By posting comments on our website you confirm and acknowledge that:
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.