In 1984 was created Summit Partners, which is appeared as VC. The main department of described VC is located in the Boston. The venture was found in North America in United States.
The usual cause for the fund is to invest in rounds with 1-2 partakers. Despite the Summit Partners, startups are often financed by Rocket Internet, HV Holtzbrinck Ventures, TEV | Tengelmann Ventures. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are Kinnevik AB, Rocket Internet, TEV | Tengelmann Ventures. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by Kinnevik AB, TEV | Tengelmann Ventures, Rocket Internet.
Speaking about the real fund results, this VC is 3 percentage points more often commits exit comparing to other organizations. Opposing the other organizations, this Summit Partners works on 31 percentage points more the average amount of lead investments. The common things for fund are deals in the range of 50 - 100 millions dollars. The fund is constantly included in 7-12 deals per year. The top amount of exits for fund were in 2018. The top activity for fund was in 2013. Despite it in 2019 the fund had an activity. The typical startup value when the investment from Summit Partners is more than 1 billion dollars.
We can highlight the next thriving fund investment areas, such as Information Technology, E-Commerce. Among the most popular portfolio startups of the fund, we may highlight Uber, Infor, Avast. For fund there is a match between the country of its foundation and the country of its the most frequent investments - United States. The fund has no specific favorite in a number of founders of portfolio startups. If startup sums 4 or 5+ of the founder, the chance for it to be financed is low. Besides, a startup requires to be at the age of 6-10 years to receive the investment from the fund.
The fund was created by E. Roe Stamps, Gregory Avis, Stephen Woodsum. Besides them, we counted 10 critical employees of this fund in our database.
|09 Jul 1992||United States, Santa Ana|
|46M||12 Sep 2019||France, Nantes|
|16M||03 Jan 2000||United States, Bozeman|
|15M||04 Jun 2020||Panama, San Francisco|
|29M||07 Jan 2015||Germany, Munich|
|26M||10 Jul 2013||Australia, Sydney|
|38M||02 Apr 2019||Spain, Barcelona|
|40M||06 Nov 2019||United Kingdom, Bristol|
|75M||11 Jul 2017||United Kingdom, Cambridge|
|15M||29 Jul 2002||United States, San Jose|
By posting comments on our website you confirm and acknowledge that:
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.