In 2014 was created Solas BioVentures, which is appeared as VC. The fund was located in North America if to be more exact in United States. The main office of represented VC is situated in the Chattanooga.
The typical case for the fund is to invest in rounds with 3-4 participants. Despite the Solas BioVentures, startups are often financed by Delphi Ventures, Alloy Ventures, Tech Square Ventures. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are Tech Square Ventures, Medtronic, Delphi Ventures. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by William A. Hawkins III, Tech Square Ventures, Piedmont Capital Partners.
For fund there is a match between the country of its foundation and the country of its the most frequent investments - United States. The fund has no specific favorite in a number of founders of portfolio startups. Among the most popular fund investment industries, there are Biopharma, Health Care. Among the most popular portfolio startups of the fund, we may highlight Arrivo BioVentures LLC, CardioNXT, AEGEA Medical. Besides, a startup requires to be at the age of 2-3 years to receive the investment from the fund.
We also calculated 4 valuable employees in our database.
The top activity for fund was in 2016. The real fund results show that this VC is 5 percentage points more often commits exit comparing to other companies. The usual things for fund are deals in the range of 10 - 50 millions dollars. The fund is constantly included in less than 2 investment rounds annually. When the investment is from Solas BioVentures the average startup value is 50-100 millions dollars.
Funds with similar focus
|Health Catalyst Capital||United States, New York|
|HIX Capital||Brazil, Sao Paulo|
|elf Cosmetics||United States, New York|
|Franchise India Holdings Limited||India, New Delhi|
|Longworth Venture Partners||United States, Waltham|
|VIA Technologies||Taiwan, Taipei|
|United Overseas Bank||Russia, Moscow|
|SODECI||Côte d'Ivoire, Lagunes|
|Sunwoda Electronic||China, Shenzhen|
|WuXi Healthcare Ventures||United States, Cambridge|
|Black Coral Capital||United States, Boston|
|Banque Populaire du Rwanda||-|
|Persol Innovation Fund||Japan, Chiyoda|
|Huidaya Investment Management||China, Wuhan|
|Stirling Square Capital Partners||United Kingdom, Kersey|
|A8 New Media Group Ltd||China, Shenzhen|
|$3M||11 Jan 2021||United States, City of Saint Louis|
|$14M||11 Nov 2020||United States, Pittsburgh|
|25 Feb 2020||United States, Austin|
|$17M||12 Nov 2018||United States, Redwood City|
|$40M||02 Jan 2018||United States, Redwood City|
|$2M||01 Jun 2017||United States, Denver|
|15 Mar 2017||Canada, Peterborough|
Arrivo BioVentures LLC
|$49M||25 May 2016||United States, " United States"}|
|$1M||24 May 2016||United States, Denver|
– Medical device startup Cryosa from Singapore completed its Series B funding round, raising $21.5m.
– The round was led by life sciences firm Solas BioVentures, with additional funding from Series A investors which include life sciences firm SantÃ© Ventures, global technology and med-tech company HOYA Corporation, and additional investors.
– The funding will be used to continue first-in-human clinical trials.
– Francis Medical, a Minneapolis MI-based medical device company, raised $55M in Series B equity funding.
– The round was led by Solas BioVentures with participation from Arboretum Ventures, Coloplast A/S, H2Oey Ventures and Tonkawa.
– The company intends to use the funds to fund for the development of its proprietary prostate cancer treatment through FDA 510(k) approval, which includes a pivotal clinical study (VAPOR 2) for the management of prostate cancer.
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.