In 1997 was created Rakuten Capital, which is appeared as VC. The leading representative office of defined VC is situated in the Setagaya. The fund was located in Asia if to be more exact in Japan. Rakuten Capital appeared to be a CVC structure as part of the corporation.
The usual cause for the fund is to invest in rounds with 3-4 partakers. Despite the Rakuten Capital, startups are often financed by Seaya Ventures, Morado Ventures, Golden Gate Ventures. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are Maven Ventures, Madrona Venture Group, Work-Bench. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by Rakuten, Golden Gate Ventures, Sequoia Capital India.
Among the various public portfolio startups of the fund, we may underline Go-Jek, Cabify, Black Fish The fund has no exact preference in a number of founders of portfolio startups. When startup sums 4 of the founder, the probability for it to get the investment is little. Among the most successful fund investment fields, there are Business Development, Developer Tools. For fund there is no match between the country of its foundation and the country of its the most frequent investments - United States. Moreover, a startup needs to be at the age of 4-5 years to get the investment from the fund.
We also calculated 3 valuable employees in our database.
The fund is constantly included in 2-6 investment rounds annually. The top activity for fund was in 2019. The typical startup value when the investment from Rakuten Capital is 500 millions - 1 billion dollars. The real fund results show that this VC is 13 percentage points more often commits exit comparing to other companies. The higher amount of exits for fund were in 2019. Deals in the range of 10 - 50 millions dollars are the general things for fund.
Funds with similar focus
|$10M||31 Mar 2022||Buenaventura, Valle del Cauca, Colombia|
|$166M||28 Jul 2021||California, United States|
|$38M||16 Jun 2021||San Jose, California, United States|
|$37M||29 Apr 2021||London, England, United Kingdom|
|$5M||23 Nov 2020||Madrid, Madrid, Spain|
|$30M||12 Mar 2020||Singapore, Central, Singapore|
Pop Meals (previously dahmakan)
|$18M||27 Feb 2020||Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia|
|$12M||09 Oct 2019||Santa Monica, California, United States|
|$1M||23 Sep 2019||Yokohama, Kanagawa Prefecture, Japan|
– Robin.io, a San Jose, CA-based leader in Kubernetes-based cloud-native 5G, edge and enterprise application management, closed a $38M Series C funding round.
– The round was led by Rakuten Capital and joined by Clear Ventures, Emory University, Raine Next-Gen Communications and current investors.
– This latest major backing for the company comes as bookings growth at Robin.io has surpassed 400% quarter-over-quarter when comparing the first two quarters of the current fiscal year.
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.