This summary is composed by our algorithm based on the analysis of the deals. If you think that some of this information is not accurate, please let us know about it and provide any supporting evidences if possible. Such cases will be analyzed by our ML-algorithm and implemented in our database, which will improve this summary.
United States, Beachwood
Portal Capital is the renowned VC, which was created in 2008. The main office of this VC is situated in Beachwood. This investor is located in North America, United States.
We also identified another 1 core personnel in our database.
We recorded the biggest number of exits for this fund in 2015. The fund usually participates in less than 2 investment rounds per year. In comparison with other funds, Portal Capital makes 11 percentage points more than the average number of lead investments. The most common rounds for this fund are in the range of 10 - 50 millions dollars. The fund's activity peaked in 2010.
The usual method for the fund is to invest in rounds with 6-7 other investors. Aside from Portal Capital, start-ups are often funded by PathoCapital, Latterell Venture Partners, Genesys Capital and 3 other funds. The fund often co-invests with JumpStart Inc., Zapis Capital Group, Thomas Spiegel. The investors in the following rounds are usually Rev1 Ventures, Summit Partners, Physicians Investment Group.
The average start-up age at the time of investment by this fund is 2-3. The country of its foundation and the country of its most frequent investments coincides - United States. The fund has an exact preference in the amount of founders of companies in its portfolio. Theravasc, COMS Interactive, Naurex are amongst the various portfolio companies of this fund. Among their most successful investment fields, we have identified Health Care, Pharmaceutical. Also, because of its portfolio diversification tendency, we can highlight 9 more industries for this fund.
Group Appearance [how often fund is operating separately from groups with shared interest]
100.0% of cases
Investments per Year [average amount of rounds in which fund participates each year]
Follow-on Index [how often fund is ready to support its portfolio startup at next rounds]
20.0% of cases
Average Multiplicator [the average ratio of the last valuation of portfolio startups to their total amount of financing raised]
Average Portfolio Company
Exit Age [the average age of portfolio startups at which they go public or become acquired]
Success / Strategy Similarity
Index [the matching between fund's investment strategy and its proved successes in the form of portfolio startups high valuations]
0.22 out of 1
By posting comments on our website you confirm and acknowledge that:
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.