Morningside Group is the famous VC, which was founded in 1986. The company was established in Asia in China. The main office of represented VC is situated in the Shanghai.
The fund was created by Ronnie Chan. Besides them, we counted 5 critical employees of this fund in our database.
The typical case for the fund is to invest in rounds with 3-4 participants. Despite the Morningside Group, startups are often financed by IDG Capital, Oxford Capital Partners, Morningside Venture Capital. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are GGV Capital, Shunwei Capital, IDG Capital. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by Morningside Venture Capital, Qiming Venture Partners, Oxford Capital Partners.
For fund there is a match between the country of its foundation and the country of its the most frequent investments - China. Among the most popular portfolio startups of the fund, we may highlight Xiaomi, Phoenix New Media, Miaopai. The fund has specific favorite in a number of founders of portfolio startups. If startup sums 5+ of the founder, the chance for it to be financed is low. Among the most successful fund investment fields, there are Software, Mobile. Besides, a startup requires to be at the age of 4-5 years to receive the investment from the fund.
The fund is constantly included in 7-12 investment rounds annually. Comparing to the other companies, this Morningside Group performs on 12 percentage points less the average number of lead investments. The high activity for fund was in 2015. Despite it in 2019 the fund had an activity. The increased amount of exits for fund were in 2018. The real fund results show that this VC is 5 percentage points more often commits exit comparing to other companies. The common things for fund are deals in the range of 10 - 50 millions dollars. The average startup value when the investment from Morningside Group is 500 millions - 1 billion dollars.
Funds with similar focus
|$75M||19 Jan 2022||San Francisco, California, United States|
|$2M||27 Dec 2021||Boston, Massachusetts, United States|
Ieso Digital Health
|$53M||23 Nov 2021||Cambridge, England, United Kingdom|
|$50M||09 Nov 2021||New York, New York, United States|
|$1M||05 Nov 2021||-|
|$300M||08 Oct 2021||San Francisco, California, United States|
|$17M||30 Sep 2021||Tampa, Florida, United States|
|$100M||29 Sep 2021||Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada|
|$39M||19 Jul 2021||New York, New York, United States|
– Nebula Microsystems, Inc. has secured $15M in seed funding led by Morningside Group to launch the company and execute its vision of building an high performance analog and mixed-signal components for a wide variety of applications.
– The investment will primarily be used to expand Nebula’s world class team of senior engineers and designers who will build high-performance and intelligent analog products for high end consumer, automotive, telecommunications, healthcare & medical and industrial applications.
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.