This summary is composed by our algorithm based on the analysis of the deals. If you think that some of this information is not accurate, please let us know about it and provide any supporting evidences if possible. Such cases will be analyzed by our ML-algorithm and implemented in our database, which will improve this summary.
United States, San Diego
Ligand Pharmaceuticals was established in 1987, and is a well known Corporate Investor. The main office of this Corporate Investor is situated in San Diego. The fund is located in United States, North America.
The fund typically invests alone. Aside from Ligand Pharmaceuticals, start-ups are often funded by BioAdvance, 13 Ventures.
The fund has no a preferred number of founders for start-ups that it invests in. Among their most successful investment fields, we have identified Medical, Medical Device. Also, because of its portfolio diversification tendency, we can highlight 4 more industries for this fund. Among the most popular portfolio start-ups of the fund, are Palvella Therapeutics, Viking Therapeutics. The average start-up age at the time of investment by this fund is 2-3. The country of its establishment and the country of its most frequent investments coincides - United States.
The fund generally invests in less than 2 deals every year. The most exits for the fund occurred in 2015. The fund performance shows that this Corporate Investor achieves 47 percentage points more exits in comparison to other VCs. Deals in the range of 5 - 10 millions dollars are most common for this fund. Ligand Pharmaceuticals participates, on average, in 4 percentage points more than the average amount of lead investments in other funds. In 2018, the fund's activity was at its peak. In addition, the fund was active in 2019.
Mail Rule [rules by which you can get an email of an interesting for you fund employee, knowing only the name and surname of this employee]
Domain name: ligand.com; User name format in descending order of probability: first_initial last, first last, first, last, last first_initial
Group Appearance [how often fund is operating separately from groups with shared interest]
50.0% of cases
Investments per Year [average amount of rounds in which fund participates each year]
Average Multiplicator [the average ratio of the last valuation of portfolio startups to their total amount of financing raised]
Average Portfolio Company
Exit Age [the average age of portfolio startups at which they go public or become acquired]
Success / Strategy Similarity
Index [the matching between fund's investment strategy and its proved successes in the form of portfolio startups high valuations]
0.5 out of 1
By posting comments on our website you confirm and acknowledge that:
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.