JAFCO Asia is the famous VC, which was founded in 1990. The leading representative office of defined VC is situated in the Singapore. The company was established in Asia in Singapore.
The usual cause for the fund is to invest in rounds with 3-4 partakers. Despite the JAFCO Asia, startups are often financed by Sequoia Capital, Sigma Partners, OrbiMed. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are SIG China (SIG Asia Investments), Technology Venture Partners, Gobi Partners. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by Globespan Capital Partners, Intel Capital, Qiming Venture Partners.
The fund has no specific favorite in a number of founders of portfolio startups. If startup sums 5+ of the founder, the chance for it to be financed is low. Besides, a startup needs to be aged 4-5 years to get the investment from the fund. Among the most popular portfolio startups of the fund, we may highlight ChinaCache, InMyShow, Black Fish. We can highlight the next thriving fund investment areas, such as E-Commerce, Semiconductor. For fund there is no match between the location of its establishment and the land of its numerous investments - United States.
The typical startup value when the investment from JAFCO Asia is 100-500 millions dollars. Comparing to the other companies, this JAFCO Asia performs on 0 percentage points less the average number of lead investments. The fund is constantly included in 2-6 investment rounds annually. The high activity for fund was in 2000. Despite it in 2019 the fund had an activity. The usual things for fund are deals in the range of 10 - 50 millions dollars. Speaking about the real fund results, this VC is 7 percentage points more often commits exit comparing to other organizations. The top amount of exits for fund were in 2014.
The overall number of key employees were 7.
|13M||07 May 2001||Panama, San Francisco|
|10M||24 May 2000||United States, Rochelle Park|
|4M||16 Jul 2001||United States, Austin|
|8M||03 Nov 2020||India, Bengaluru|
|20M||09 Feb 2015||United States, Menlo Park|
|75M||05 Nov 2019||India, Bengaluru|
|25M||23 Mar 2001|
|7M||23 Feb 2015||Japan, Sumida|
|10M||28 Nov 2016||China, Shanghai|
|6M||13 May 2004||United States, Mountain View|
By posting comments on our website you confirm and acknowledge that:
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.