Gobi Partners appeared to be the VC, which was created in 2002. The leading representative office of defined VC is situated in the Shanghai. The venture was found in Asia in China.
Among the various public portfolio startups of the fund, we may underline Airwallex, Kr Space, 36Kr Media We can highlight the next thriving fund investment areas, such as Travel, Financial Services. Besides, a startup requires to be at the age of 2-3 years to receive the investment from the fund. For fund there is a match between the location of its establishment and the land of its numerous investments - China. The fund has no exact preference in some founders of portfolio startups. When startup sums 5+ of the founder, the probability for it to get the investment is little.
The fund was created by Thomas Tsao. The overall number of key employees were 9.
The higher amount of exits for fund were in 2019. The fund is constantly included in 7-12 investment rounds annually. The common things for fund are deals in the range of 10 - 50 millions dollars. Opposing the other organizations, this Gobi Partners works on 25 percentage points less the average amount of lead investments. When the investment is from Gobi Partners the average startup value is 100-500 millions dollars. The high activity for fund was in 2018. Speaking about the real fund results, this VC is 22 percentage points more often commits exit comparing to other organizations.
The standard case for the fund is to invest in rounds with 3-4 partakers. Despite the Gobi Partners, startups are often financed by JAFCO Asia, East Ventures, Convergence Ventures. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are Convergence Ventures, 500 Startups, JAFCO Asia. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by Tencent Holdings, InnoVen Capital, Sequoia Capital.
Funds with similar focus
Great Bay Bio
|$15M||13 Sep 2022||Hong Kong Island, Hong Kong, China|
|05 Sep 2022||Minhang, Shanghai, China|
Qi Yunfang Technology
|$15M||10 Mar 2022||Dalian Shi, Liaoning, China|
|$6M||09 Mar 2022||-|
|$70M||01 Mar 2022||Jakarta, Jakarta Raya, Indonesia|
|$60M||07 Feb 2022||Jakarta, Jakarta Raya, Indonesia|
|$5M||11 Jan 2022||-|
|$2M||04 Jan 2022||Hong Kong Island, Hong Kong, China|
|$37M||10 Nov 2021||California, United States|
– Wapi Pay, a Kenyan startup with offices in China and Singapore, raised $2.2m in pre-seed funding.
– The round was led by China-based fund MSA Capital; Pan-African and Africa-focused firms EchoVC, Kepple Africa and Future Hub; and Pan-Asian firms Transsion Holdings and Gobi Ventures.
– The company will use the investments to engage regulators for licensing across Africa and for scale, product and geographical expansion.
– Amber Group, a Hong Kong-based crypto trading and technology company, raised $100m in Series B funding at a $1b valuation.
– The round was led by China Renaissance Group, Tiger Brokers, Tiger Global Management, Arena Holdings, Tru Arrow Partners, A&T Capital, Sky9 Capital, DCM Ventures, Gobi Partners, as well as existing investors Pantera Capital, Coinbase Ventures, Blockchain.com, Bit Digital, Digital Finance Group, Fenbushi Capital, Math Wallet, SNZ Capital, Continue Capital, and Mr. Zhao Qingsun.
– The company intends to use the funds to continue to expand global operations and develop market solutions for crypto investors and companies.
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.