IA Ventures appeared to be the VC, which was created in 2009. The leading representative office of defined VC is situated in the New York. The fund was located in North America if to be more exact in United States.
The fund was created by Brad Gillespie, Roger Ehrenberg. The overall number of key employees were 3.
The common things for fund are deals in the range of 10 - 50 millions dollars. This IA Ventures works on 13 percentage points less the average amount of lead investments comparing to the other organizations. The increased amount of exits for fund were in 2015. The high activity for fund was in 2012. Despite it in 2019 the fund had an activity. The fund is constantly included in 7-12 investment rounds annually. Speaking about the real fund results, this VC is 3 percentage points more often commits exit comparing to other organizations. The average startup value when the investment from IA Ventures is 100-500 millions dollars.
The typical case for the fund is to invest in rounds with 5-6 participants. Despite the IA Ventures, startups are often financed by Neu Venture Capital, Founder Collective, First Round Capital. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are SV Angel, Neu Venture Capital, Village Ventures. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by Index Ventures, First Round Capital, Accel.
Among the most popular portfolio startups of the fund, we may highlight Datadog, Flatiron Health, TransferWise. For fund there is a match between the country of its foundation and the country of its the most frequent investments - United States. Moreover, a startup needs to be at the age of 2-3 years to get the investment from the fund. The fund has no specific favorite in a number of founders of portfolio startups. In case when startup counts 4 or 5+ of the founder, the chance for it to get the investment is meager. Among the most successful fund investment fields, there are FinTech, Big Data.
|11M||23 Jul 2014||United States, New York|
|5M||25 Jul 2016||Canada, Old Toronto|
|16M||15 Oct 2018||Canada, Old Toronto|
|3M||13 Jan 2021||Canada, Kirkland|
|500K||01 Jan 2010||United States, San Jose|
|01 Oct 2018||United States, New York|
|1000K||01 May 2010||United States, New York|
|5M||05 Jan 2012||United States, San Jose|
|12M||27 Aug 2013||United States, San Jose|
|50M||08 Jan 2020||Panama, San Francisco|
By posting comments on our website you confirm and acknowledge that:
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.