In 2008 was created CPE, which is appeared as VC. The fund was located in Asia if to be more exact in China. The main office of represented VC is situated in the Beijing.
The typical case for the fund is to invest in rounds with 4-5 participants. Despite the CPE, startups are often financed by IDG Capital, GSR Ventures, DST Global. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are Sequoia Capital China, IDG Capital, Didi Chuxing. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by Alibaba Group, IDG Capital, Beijing Hualian Group.
The usual things for fund are deals in the range of more than 100 millions dollars. The high activity for fund was in 2017. Despite it in 2019 the fund had an activity. The fund is constantly included in less than 2 investment rounds annually. Speaking about the real fund results, this VC is 8 percentage points less often commits exit comparing to other organizations. Opposing the other organizations, this CPE works on 2 percentage points more the average amount of lead investments. The higher amount of exits for fund were in 2018. When the investment is from CPE the average startup value is more than 1 billion dollars.
The overall number of key employees were 2.
Among the various public portfolio startups of the fund, we may underline Ele.me, JD Health, VANCL We can highlight the next thriving fund investment areas, such as Insurance, Internet. For fund there is a match between the country of its foundation and the country of its the most frequent investments - China. Besides, a startup requires to be at the age of 6-10 years to receive the investment from the fund. The fund has no specific favorite in a number of founders of portfolio startups. When startup sums 3 or 4 of the founder, the probability for it to get the investment is little.
Funds with similar focus
|$15M||01 Apr 2022||Hangzhou, Zhejiang, China|
|$120M||11 Mar 2022||Shenzhen, Guangdong, China|
|$126M||21 Jan 2022||Shenzhen, Guangdong, China|
|22 Dec 2021||-|
|$1B||15 Dec 2021||Beijing, Beijing, China|
|$46M||30 Nov 2021||Hangzhou, Zhejiang, China|
|$70M||17 Nov 2021||Shanghai, China|
|$77M||15 Nov 2021||Delaware, Ohio, United States|
|12 Nov 2021||Jiangning, Jiangsu, China|
– Triastek, Inc. is a Nanjing, China-based global leader in 3D printed pharmaceuticals.
– The company raised $50m in Series B funding.
– This round was co-led by Matrix Partners China and CPE with participation from Shanghai Sci-Tech Innovation Center Capital (SSICC) and existing investors.
– Triastek intends to use the funds for ongoing development of the first IND-approved product in clinical trials, and expansion of the 3D printed drug product pipeline.
– Insilico Medicine announced that it has closed a $255m Series C.
– The financing led by Warburg Pincus, and participated by current investors including Qiming Venture Partners, Pavilion Capital, Eight Roads Ventures, Lilly Asia Ventures, Sinovation Ventures, BOLD Capital Partners, Formic Ventures, Baidu Ventures, and new investors including CPE, OrbiMed, Mirae Asset Capital, B Capital Group, Deerfield Management, Maison Capital, Lake Bleu Capital, President International Development Corporation, Sequoia Capital China and Sage Partners.
– The financing will be used to progress Insilico Medicine’s current therapeutic programs into human clinical trials, initiate multiple new programs for novel and difficult targets, and further develop its AI and drug discovery capabilities.
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.