In 1999 was created Alibaba Group, which is appeared as Corporate Investor. The fund was located in Asia if to be more exact in China. The main office of represented Corporate Investor is situated in the Hangzhou.
The usual cause for the fund is to invest in rounds with 2-3 partakers. Despite the Alibaba Group, startups are often financed by Tencent Holdings, Sequoia Capital China, Morningside Venture Capital. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are YF Capital (Yunfeng Capital), Ant Financial, GGV Capital. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by SoftBank Investment Advisers, SAIF Partners, M13.
The fund was created by Cathy Zhang, Changwei Ma, Eddie Wu, Jack Ma, James Sheng, Jane Jiang, Jianhang Jin, Joseph Tsai, Lucy Peng, Min Han, Simon Xie, Tony Yiu, Toto Sun, Trudy Dai, Wensheng Lou, Yuanying Jin, Yuehong Zhou, Yufeng Shi. We also calculated 22 valuable employees in our database.
The fund has no specific favorite in a number of founders of portfolio startups. In case when startup counts 4 or 5+ of the founder, the chance for it to get the investment is meager. For fund there is a match between the location of its establishment and the land of its numerous investments - China. Besides, a startup requires to be at the age of 6-10 years to receive the investment from the fund. We can highlight the next thriving fund investment areas, such as Mobile, Service Industry. Among the most popular portfolio startups of the fund, we may highlight Didi Chuxing, CMC Capital Group, Alibaba Cloud.
Deals in the range of more than 100 millions dollars are the general things for fund. The typical startup value when the investment from Alibaba Group is more than 1 billion dollars. The high activity for fund was in 2018. Despite it in 2019 the fund had an activity. The real fund results show that this Corporate Investor is 47 percentage points more often commits exit comparing to other companies. The higher amount of exits for fund were in 2018. Opposing the other organizations, this Alibaba Group works on 9 percentage points less the average amount of lead investments. The fund is constantly included in 13-24 deals per year.
|$15M||21 Feb 2023||Shijiazhuang, Hebei, China|
|$342M||06 Dec 2022||Singapore, Central, Singapore|
|$40M||14 Nov 2022||-|
|22 Sep 2022||Chancheng District, Guangdong Province, China|
|$912M||31 Aug 2022||Singapore, Central, Singapore|
|15 Jul 2022||Beijing, Beijing, China|
|$5M||06 Jul 2022||New Taipei, Taiwan|
|$378M||09 May 2022||Singapore, Central, Singapore|
|$60M||30 Mar 2022||Dongcheng District, Beijing, China|
– DeepRoute.ai is a self-driving technology company committed to advancing urban logistics and robotaxis.
– The company raised a Series B funding round totaling to more than $300m USD.
– The round was led by Alibaba Group (NYSE: BABA) and other venture capital companies including Jeneration Capital. Previous investors Fosun RZ Capital, Yunqi Partners, and Glory Ventures also participated in the round.
– The new investment will be used to further research and development, scale automaker collaboration and fleet operation, and support the expansion of the team.
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.