In 1989 was created Columbia Capital, which is appeared as VC. The venture was found in North America in United States. The main office of represented VC is situated in the Alexandria.
The typical case for the fund is to invest in rounds with 3-4 participants. Despite the Columbia Capital, startups are often financed by Battery Ventures, New Enterprise Associates, Shelter Capital Partners. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are Telcom Ventures, RRE Ventures, Highland Capital Partners. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by RRE Ventures, GGV Capital, Intel Capital.
We also calculated 9 valuable employees in our database.
Besides, a startup needs to be aged 4-5 years to get the investment from the fund. The fund has specific favorite in a number of founders of portfolio startups. In case when startup counts 5+ of the founder, the chance for it to get the investment is meager. For fund there is a match between the country of its foundation and the country of its the most frequent investments - United States. Among the most popular portfolio startups of the fund, we may highlight Zayo, Riverbed Technology, BroadSoft. Among the most popular fund investment industries, there are Computer, Mobile.
The higher amount of exits for fund were in 2011. The high activity for fund was in 2000. Despite it in 2019 the fund had an activity. Comparing to the other companies, this Columbia Capital performs on 3 percentage points less the average number of lead investments. Deals in the range of 10 - 50 millions dollars are the general things for fund. The fund is constantly included in 7-12 investment rounds annually. The average startup value when the investment from Columbia Capital is 50-100 millions dollars. Speaking about the real fund results, this VC is 7 percentage points more often commits exit comparing to other organizations.
|10M||28 Apr 2004||United States, Westborough|
|23M||05 Nov 2013||United States, Seattle|
|15M||22 Feb 2000||United States, Rockville|
|8M||05 Mar 2009||United States, New York|
GTS Central Europe
|01 Jan 2008||Poland, Warsaw|
|40M||28 Aug 2012||United States, Glendale|
|66M||23 Apr 2007||United States, Richardson|
|25M||16 Dec 2004||United States, Westborough|
|40M||29 Apr 2008||Hungary, Budapest|
|30M||09 May 2005||Hungary, Budapest|
By posting comments on our website you confirm and acknowledge that:
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.