In 2015 was created Cathay Innovation, which is appeared as VC. The main department of described VC is located in the San Francisco. The venture was found in North America in United States.
The average startup value when the investment from Cathay Innovation is 500 millions - 1 billion dollars. Comparing to the other companies, this Cathay Innovation performs on 25 percentage points less the average number of lead investments. The increased amount of exits for fund were in 2019. The fund is generally included in 7-12 deals every year. Deals in the range of 10 - 50 millions dollars are the general things for fund. The real fund results show that this VC is 26 percentage points more often commits exit comparing to other companies. The high activity for fund was in 2018.
The typical case for the fund is to invest in rounds with 5-6 participants. Despite the Cathay Innovation, startups are often financed by Index Ventures, Accel, Via ID. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are Lightspeed China Partners, Ignition Partners, Greylock Partners. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by Cathay Capital Private Equity, Tencent Holdings, Sequoia Capital China.
The current fund was established by Denis Barrier, Mingpo Cai. We also calculated 9 valuable employees in our database.
Besides, a startup requires to be at the age of 4-5 years to receive the investment from the fund. We can highlight the next thriving fund investment areas, such as Mobile, E-Commerce. The fund has no exact preference in some founders of portfolio startups. When startup sums 4 of the founder, the probability for it to get the investment is little. For fund there is a match between the location of its establishment and the land of its numerous investments - United States. Among the most popular portfolio startups of the fund, we may highlight Pinduoduo, Chime, Meiyou.
Funds with similar focus
|23 Aug 2021||France, Paris|
|$9M||17 Aug 2021||Indonesia, Jakarta|
|$380M||10 Jun 2021||France, Paris|
|$38M||24 May 2021||Indonesia, Bandung|
|$35M||23 Apr 2021||United States, Boulder|
|14 Apr 2021||Spain, Madrid|
Grand Voyage Holdings
|20 Feb 2021||United Kingdom, London|
|$38M||01 Feb 2021||Spain, Barcelona|
|$125M||26 Jan 2021||United States, " United States"}|
– African genomics startup 54gene has raised $25m in Series B funding. – Pan-African venture capital firm Cathay AfricInvest Innovation Fund led this round. – Lead investor from the company’s Series A funding, Adjuvant Capital, invested once again with participation from other VCs including KdT Ventures, Plexo Capital, Endeavor Catalyst and Ingressive Capital. – The company has raised a total of $45m since its inception. Read more
– Lifepal, a marketplace for insurance policies, raised $9m in Series A funding. – The round was led by ProBatus Capital, with participation from Cathay Innovation and returning investors Insignia Venture Partners, ATM Capital and Hustle Fund. – Lifepal was founded in 2019 by former Lazada executives Giacomo Ficari and Nicolo Robba, along with Benny Fajarai and Reza Muhammad. – The new funding brings its total raised to $12m. Read more
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.