In 2004 was created Amgen Ventures, which is appeared as VC. The main department of described VC is located in the San Francisco. The fund was located in North America if to be more exact in United States.
The fund was created by Leroy Hood, Marvin Caruthers. Besides them, we counted 1 critical employee of this fund in our database.
Among the most popular fund investment industries, there are Health Care, Biopharma. Among the most popular portfolio startups of the fund, we may highlight Alector, TetraLogic Pharmaceuticals, Senti Biosciences. Besides, a startup requires to be at the age of 4-5 years to receive the investment from the fund. The fund has no exact preference in a number of founders of portfolio startups. In case when startup counts 5+ of the founder, the chance for it to get the investment is meager. For fund there is a match between the country of its foundation and the country of its the most frequent investments - United States.
The typical case for the fund is to invest in rounds with 6-7 participants. Despite the Amgen Ventures, startups are often financed by Alta Partners, SV Health Investors, ARCH Venture Partners. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are OVP Venture Partners, HealthCare Ventures, Alta Partners. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by HealthCare Ventures, Alta Partners, Remeditex Ventures.
This Amgen Ventures works on 1 percentage points less the average amount of lead investments comparing to the other organizations. The typical startup value when the investment from Amgen Ventures is 100-500 millions dollars. Considering the real fund results, this VC is 11 percentage points less often commits exit comparing to other organizations. The usual things for fund are deals in the range of 10 - 50 millions dollars. The higher amount of exits for fund were in 2014. The high activity for fund was in 2018. Despite it in 2019 the fund had an activity. The fund is constantly included in 2-6 investment rounds annually.
Funds with similar focus
|$46M||15 Nov 2022||Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States|
|$75M||17 Oct 2022||Montreal, Quebec, Canada|
|$14M||20 Sep 2022||Singapore, Central, Singapore|
|$75M||20 Jul 2022||California, United States|
|$25M||07 Jul 2022||Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States|
|$120M||29 Jun 2022||Dallas, Texas, United States|
|$50M||09 Jun 2022||South San Francisco, California, United States|
|$75M||07 Jun 2022||Hatfield, Pennsylvania, United States|
|18 May 2022||Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States|
– Saama technologies announced a strategic growth investment and will be acquired by Carlyle.
– Saama’s intelligent Life Science Analytics Cloud (LSAC) is used by over 50 pharma and biotech companies on more than 1,500 studies.
– As an end-to-end platform, LSAC provides a unified approach to clinical trial data management and analytics.
– Carlyle has made a strategic growth investment and will acquire a majority stake in the Company.
– A broad co-investor group with several healthcare-focused venture funds, including Amgen Ventures, Intermountain Ventures, Merck Global Health Innovation Fund, McKesson Ventures, Northpond Ventures, Pfizer Ventures, and Population Health Partners, will be investing alongside Carlyle.
– Obsidian Therapeutics, Inc. is a Cambridge, Mass.-based biotechnology company pioneering engineered cell and gene therapies.
– The company closed a $115m Series B financing.
– The round was led by The Column Group Crossover Fund (TCGX) with participation from RA Capital Management, Surveyor Capital (a Citadel company), Cowen Healthcare Investments, Deep Track Capital, Logos Capital, Pivotal BioVenture Partners, Samsara BioCapital, and Soleus Capital, and existing investors Atlas Venture, Vertex Ventures HC, Amgen Ventures, and Bristol Myers Squibb.
– Proceeds from the financing will be used to drive Obsidian’s lead tumor infiltrating lymphocyte (TIL) program, cytoTIL15, into the clinic and to first clinical data for the treatment of metastatic melanoma. In addition, the company plans to rapidly expand cytoTIL15 into multiple other solid tumor types and to advance its commercial manufacturing build.
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.