The fund was located in North America if to be more exact in United States. The main office of represented VC is situated in the San Francisco.
The standard case for the fund is to invest in rounds with 4-5 partakers. Despite the Alafi Capital, startups are often financed by Claremont Creek Ventures, Sequoia Capital, Zygote Ventures. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are Life Sciences Partners, Claremont Creek Ventures, Sequoia Capital. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by Techno Venture Management, Thomas, McNerney & Partners, Sequoia Capital.
Moreover, a startup needs to be at the age of 6-10 years to get the investment from the fund. Among the most popular portfolio startups of the fund, we may highlight Bolt Threads, Hybrigenics, Arcxis Biotechnologies. For fund there is a match between the country of its foundation and the country of its the most frequent investments - United States. Among the most popular fund investment industries, there are Medical Device, Medical. The fund has no exact preference in a number of founders of portfolio startups. When startup sums 4 or 5+ of the founder, the probability for it to get the investment is little.
Besides them, we counted 1 critical employee of this fund in our database.
The real fund results show that this VC is 5 percentage points less often commits exit comparing to other companies. The important activity for fund was in 2009. The top amount of exits for fund were in 2016. The fund is constantly included in less than 2 investment rounds annually. Opposing the other organizations, this Alafi Capital works on 25 percentage points more the average amount of lead investments. The average startup value when the investment from Alafi Capital is 100-500 millions dollars. The usual things for fund are deals in the range of 10 - 50 millions dollars.
Funds with similar focus
|AVAC||Alberta, Calgary, Canada|
|DominateFund||California, San Francisco, United States|
|Interplay Ventures||New York, New York, United States|
|J.F. Lehman & Co||New York, New York, United States|
|Medivate Partners||Seoul, Seoul-t'ukpyolsi, South Korea|
|Thalys Medical Group||-|
|Tier 1 banks||-|
|Timeline Investment||Ajax, Canada, Ontario|
|Yuanshengbei Chuang||China, Huaihua, Hunan|
|$50M||11 May 2016||California, United States|
|$15M||21 Dec 2015||Ohio, United States|
|$32M||04 Jun 2015||California, United States|
|$2M||31 Jan 2010||Amsterdam, North Holland, Netherlands|
|$3M||18 Nov 2009||Amsterdam, North Holland, Netherlands|
|02 Feb 2009||California, United States|
|$6M||19 Jan 2009||California, United States|
|$8M||03 Aug 2007||City of Saint Louis, Missouri, United States|
|$19M||20 Sep 2005||City of Saint Louis, Missouri, United States|
– Edifice Health is a San Mateo, CA-based immunological health and personalized nutrition company.
– Company raised $12m in Series A funding led by Leaps by Bayer with participation from Paladin Capital Group, Vertical Venture Partners, Ahren Innovation Capital, Ataraxia Capital Partners, Shanda Grab Ventures, Alafi Capital, and Taisho Pharmaceutical.
– The funds will be used to grow its foundation of immunological science and add additional talent.
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.