United States, New York
In 2011 was created 14W, which is appeared as VC. The main office of represented VC is situated in the New York. The company was established in North America in United States.
The typical case for the fund is to invest in rounds with 6-7 participants. Despite the 14W, startups are often financed by Lerer Hippeau, Index Ventures, Mangrove Capital Partners. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are Accel, SV Angel, New Enterprise Associates. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by Accel, Greycroft, RRE Ventures.
The important activity for fund was in 2018. The higher amount of exits for fund were in 2019. The common things for fund are deals in the range of 10 - 50 millions dollars. The average startup value when the investment from 14W is 100-500 millions dollars. The fund is constantly included in 2-6 deals per year. Considering the real fund results, this VC is 6 percentage points less often commits exit comparing to other organizations. Opposing the other organizations, this 14W works on 20 percentage points less the average amount of lead investments.
This organization was formed by Alex Zubillaga. We also calculated 1 valuable employee in our database.
The fund has exact preference in some founders of portfolio startups. In case when startup counts 4 or 5+ of the founder, the chance for it to get the investment is meager. Besides, a startup needs to be aged 2-3 years to get the investment from the fund. For fund there is a match between the location of its establishment and the land of its numerous investments - United States. Among the various public portfolio startups of the fund, we may underline Deliveroo, The RealReal, Glossier We can highlight the next thriving fund investment areas, such as Apps, Health Care.
Group Appearance [how often fund is operating separately from groups with shared interest]
100.0% of cases
Investments per Year [average amount of rounds in which fund participates each year]
Follow-on Index [how often fund is ready to support its portfolio startup at next rounds]
25.9% of cases
Average Multiplicator [the average ratio of the last valuation of portfolio startups to their total amount of financing raised]
Average Portfolio Company
Exit Age [the average age of portfolio startups at which they go public or become acquired]
Success / Strategy Similarity
Index [the matching between fund's investment strategy and its proved successes in the form of portfolio startups high valuations]
0.35 out of 1
Number of Unicorns [amount of portfolio companies, which were valuated at more then $1B]
By posting comments on our website you confirm and acknowledge that:
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.