Sky9 Capital appeared to be the VC, which was created in 2016. The main department of described VC is located in the Shanghai. The venture was found in Asia in China.
The typical case for the fund is to invest in rounds with 3-4 participants. Despite the Sky9 Capital, startups are often financed by K2VC, IDG Capital, Vision Plus Capital. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are Lightspeed China Partners, K2VC, Hillhouse Capital Group. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by Lightspeed China Partners, Hillhouse Capital Group, Yunqi Partners.
The high activity for fund was in 2018. Despite it in 2019 the fund had an activity. Speaking about the real fund results, this VC is 1 percentage points less often commits exit comparing to other organizations. The average startup value when the investment from Sky9 Capital is 500 millions - 1 billion dollars. Comparing to the other companies, this Sky9 Capital performs on 26 percentage points less the average number of lead investments. Deals in the range of 10 - 50 millions dollars are the general things for fund. The increased amount of exits for fund were in 2018. The fund is constantly included in 7-12 investment rounds annually.
For fund there is a match between the country of its foundation and the country of its the most frequent investments - China. Among the various public portfolio startups of the fund, we may underline QingCloud, 51zhaoyou.com, Energy Monster The fund has exact preference in some founders of portfolio startups. If startup sums 5+ of the founder, the chance for it to be financed is low. Besides, a startup requires to be at the age of 2-3 years to receive the investment from the fund. Among the most popular fund investment industries, there are Information Technology, Cloud Computing.
The fund was created by Ron Cao. Besides them, we counted 3 critical employees of this fund in our database.
Funds with similar focus
|Kumpulan Modal Perdana||Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur|
|The Toro Company||United States, Minneapolis|
|Randa: Leading With Accessories||United States, New York|
|Min Aik Technology||-|
|Gangzhonglu Touzi||China, Shanghai|
|Beirut Angels||Lebanon, Beirut|
|Red Cloud Klondike Strike||Canada, Toronto|
|Carolinas Fintech Ventures||United States, Charlotte|
|Yangpu Sandai Touzi||China, Hainan|
|$10M||02 Sep 2021|
|13 May 2021||China, Yuexiu District|
|07 May 2021||China, Shangcheng District|
|25 Apr 2021||China, Shanghai|
|15 Mar 2021||China, Shanghai|
|$100M||11 Mar 2021||Slovakia, " Slovakia (Slovak Republic)"}|
|$29M||23 Jan 2021||Canada, Old Toronto|
|14 Jan 2021||China, Dongcheng District|
|$350M||30 Nov 2020||United States, San Diego|
– Amber Group, a Hong Kong-based crypto trading and technology company, raised $100m in Series B funding at a $1b valuation.
– The round was led by China Renaissance Group, Tiger Brokers, Tiger Global Management, Arena Holdings, Tru Arrow Partners, A&T Capital, Sky9 Capital, DCM Ventures, Gobi Partners, as well as existing investors Pantera Capital, Coinbase Ventures, Blockchain.com, Bit Digital, Digital Finance Group, Fenbushi Capital, Math Wallet, SNZ Capital, Continue Capital, and Mr. Zhao Qingsun.
– The company intends to use the funds to continue to expand global operations and develop market solutions for crypto investors and companies.
– WeRide, a Chinese autonomous driving company, raised “hundreds of millions” in Series C funding.
– The round was led by IDG Capital, Homeric Capital, CoStone Capital, Cypress Star, Sky9 Capital and K3 Ventures, and existing investors CMC Capital Partners, Qiming Venture Partners and Alpview Capital.
– The company intends to use this funding round to invest in R&D and commercialization as it works toward the next-generation of Level 4 driving, a term that means a vehicle can drive without human intervention in some environments and conditions.
– The company is also using the funds to prepare to commercialize its technology.
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.