RockPort Capital is the famous VC, which was founded in 1998. The company was established in North America in United States. The main department of described VC is located in the Boston.
The standard case for the fund is to invest in rounds with 4-5 partakers. Despite the RockPort Capital, startups are often financed by Nth Power, Kleiner Perkins, Intel Capital. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are Kleiner Perkins, InterWest Partners, Intel Capital. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by Nth Power, DFJ, Intel Capital.
The fund was created by David J. Prend, William James. Besides them, we counted 14 critical employees of this fund in our database.
For fund there is a match between the country of its foundation and the country of its the most frequent investments - United States. The fund has exact preference in some founders of portfolio startups. When startup sums 5+ of the founder, the probability for it to get the investment is little. Among the most popular portfolio startups of the fund, we may highlight Solyndra, Think Global, Streetline. We can highlight the next thriving fund investment areas, such as Electronics, Software. Moreover, a startup needs to be at the age of 6-10 years to get the investment from the fund.
The higher amount of exits for fund were in 2012. The high activity for fund was in 2008. Despite it in 2019 the fund had an activity. Comparing to the other companies, this RockPort Capital performs on 9 percentage points less the average number of lead investments. The real fund results show that this VC is 4 percentage points more often commits exit comparing to other companies. The average startup value when the investment from RockPort Capital is 100-500 millions dollars. The fund is constantly included in 2-6 investment rounds annually. The common things for fund are deals in the range of 10 - 50 millions dollars.
|18M||18 Jan 2006||United States, Milpitas|
NanoGram Devices Corporation
|9M||07 Feb 2003||United States, Milpitas|
|7M||01 Jun 2004||United States, Milpitas|
|90M||01 Oct 2015||United States, San Diego|
|50M||16 Jul 2014||United States, San Diego|
|1000K||23 Jul 2019||Canada, Old Toronto|
|15M||14 Jun 2011||Panama, San Francisco|
|25M||10 Jan 2013||Panama, San Francisco|
|10M||01 Jul 2014||Panama, San Francisco|
|6M||09 Oct 2012||United States, San Diego|
By posting comments on our website you confirm and acknowledge that:
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.