In 2001 was created Chrysalix Venture Capital, which is appeared as VC. The company was established in North America in Canada. The main office of represented VC is situated in the Vancouver.
The current fund was established by Dr. Wal Van Lierop, Michael J. Brown. Besides them, we counted 5 critical employees of this fund in our database.
Among the various public portfolio startups of the fund, we may underline HydroPoint Data Systems, Purfresh, MineSense Technologies Among the most popular fund investment industries, there are Information Technology, CleanTech. The fund has exact preference in some founders of portfolio startups. Besides, a startup requires to be at the age of 6-10 years to receive the investment from the fund. For fund there is no match between the country of its foundation and the country of its the most frequent investments - United States.
The typical case for the fund is to invest in rounds with 3-4 participants. Despite the Chrysalix Venture Capital, startups are often financed by VantagePoint Capital Partners, Export Development Canada, DCM Ventures. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are VantagePoint Capital Partners, RockPort Capital, Export Development Canada. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by VantagePoint Capital Partners, General Motors Ventures, Cycle Capital.
The fund is constantly included in 2-6 deals per year. Opposing the other organizations, this Chrysalix Venture Capital works on 18 percentage points less the average amount of lead investments. The real fund results show that this VC is 2 percentage points less often commits exit comparing to other companies. The high activity for fund was in 2011. Despite it in 2019 the fund had an activity. The increased amount of exits for fund were in 2017. Deals in the range of 10 - 50 millions dollars are the general things for fund.
|100M||18 Mar 2021||Canada, Burnaby|
|5M||04 Sep 2020||Iceland, " Iceland"}|
|5M||26 May 2020||Canada, Montreal|
|28 Apr 2020||Canada, Mississauga|
|65M||16 Dec 2019||Canada, Burnaby|
|24 Jun 2019||United States, " United States"}|
|18M||08 Aug 2018||Canada, Vancouver|
|5M||01 Aug 2017||United States, Denver|
|7M||11 Jul 2017||Canada, Burnaby|
– Novamera closed its $5m Series A financing round. – BDC Capital’s Industrial Innovation Venture Fund was the lead investor and Chrysalix Venture Capital also participated with a follow-on investment. – The financing will primarily fund Novamera’s full field trial of the Sustainable Mining by Drilling (“SMD”) solution. – The field trial, which is taking place at Anaconda Mining’s project site in Newfoundland, has commenced and will be ongoing until the end of November. – The Company is carryin... Read more
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.