Capital Today appeared to be the VC, which was created in 2005. The fund was located in Asia if to be more exact in China. The main department of described VC is located in the Shanghai.
The overall number of key employees were 5.
The usual cause for the fund is to invest in rounds with 3-4 partakers. Despite the Capital Today, startups are often financed by Qiming Venture Partners, Sequoia Capital China, IDG Capital. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are IDG Capital, Sequoia Capital China, Tencent Holdings. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by Tencent Holdings, Qiming Venture Partners, IDG Capital.
The important activity for fund was in 2018. Despite it in 2019 the fund had an activity. Deals in the range of more than 100 millions dollars are the general things for fund. Comparing to the other companies, this Capital Today performs on 18 percentage points less the average number of lead investments. Considering the real fund results, this VC is 12 percentage points more often commits exit comparing to other organizations. The fund is generally included in 2-6 deals every year. The top amount of exits for fund were in 2018. When the investment is from Capital Today the average startup value is more than 1 billion dollars.
Besides, a startup needs to be aged 4-5 years to get the investment from the fund. Among the most popular fund investment industries, there are Video, Fashion. The fund has specific favorite in a number of founders of portfolio startups. If startup sums 4 or 5+ of the founder, the chance for it to be financed is low. Among the various public portfolio startups of the fund, we may underline JD.com, Meituan-Dianping, Guazi (Chehaoduo) For fund there is a match between the country of its foundation and the country of its the most frequent investments - China.
Funds with similar focus
|CyberWorks Ventures||China, Hong Kong, Hong Kong Island|
|Cystic Fibrosis Foundation||Bethesda, Maryland, United States|
|Ebara Corporation||Japan, Tokyo|
|Elephant||Boston, Massachusetts, United States|
|French Investment Fund||-|
|Mustard Seed||England, London, United Kingdom|
|Power Americas Minerals||British Columbia, Canada, Vancouver|
|Qianhai Jiutao||China, Guangdong, Shenzhen|
|Sage Venture Partners||California, Los Angeles, United States|
|Stark Capital Management,LLC||Houston, Texas, United States|
|Tech Transfer UPV||Spain, Valencia, Valencian Community|
|TrustBIX||Alberta, Canada, Edmonton|
|Zhong Ri Qing Nian Exchange Center||Beijing, Beijing, China|
|$40M||20 Jun 2022||Boston, Massachusetts, United States|
|$100M||14 Jun 2022||Shenzhen, Guangdong, China|
|$15M||20 Jan 2022||Nanjing, Jiangsu, China|
|$185M||10 Nov 2021||Shanghai, China|
|$170M||21 Sep 2021||Shenzhen, Guangdong, China|
|$50M||16 Sep 2021||Santa Monica, California, United States|
|23 Jul 2021||Mountain View, California, United States|
Momo Dim Sum Bureau
|$16M||25 Jun 2021||Dongcheng, Shaanxi, China|
|$100M||17 Jun 2021||-|
– Outer, the fastest growing direct-to-consumer home brand of 2020, announces the close of a $50M Series B investment round.
– The new investment was led by Kathy Xu of Capital Today along with Tribe Capital, C Ventures, TRAC VC, and Upfront Ventures.
– Existing investors, including Sequoia Capital China, Mucker Capital, Mantis VC, Unpopular Ventures, and Reimagined Ventures also participated in the round.
– Outer raised $10.5M in Series A funding in January 2021, bringing the startup’s total funding to $65M.
– Outer was named the fastest growing home brand of 2020 by SimilarWeb and Business Insider, experiencing a 1000%+ increase in sales amid the pandemic.
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.