Alpha JWC Ventures is the famous VC, which was founded in 2015. The leading representative office of defined VC is situated in the Jakarta Pusat. The company was established in Asia in Indonesia.
The fund is generally included in 7-12 deals every year. The usual things for fund are deals in the range of 10 - 50 millions dollars. Opposing the other organizations, this Alpha JWC Ventures works on 22 percentage points less the average amount of lead investments. The important activity for fund was in 2018. Despite it in 2019 the fund had an activity. The increased amount of exits for fund were in 2017. Speaking about the real fund results, this VC is 12 percentage points more often commits exit comparing to other organizations.
This organization was formed by Chandra Tjan, Jefrey Joe, Will Ongkowidjaja. Besides them, we counted 3 critical employees of this fund in our database.
The standard case for the fund is to invest in rounds with 3-4 partakers. Despite the Alpha JWC Ventures, startups are often financed by Jungle Ventures, Golden Gate Ventures, GMO VenturePartners. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are Golden Gate Ventures, Softbank Ventures Asia, Insignia Ventures Partners. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by Openspace Ventures, Golden Gate Ventures, Softbank Ventures Asia.
Besides, a startup requires to be at the age of 2-3 years to receive the investment from the fund. Among the most popular portfolio startups of the fund, we may highlight Kredivo, Carro, Spacemob. For fund there is a match between the country of its foundation and the country of its the most frequent investments - Indonesia. The fund has specific favorite in a number of founders of portfolio startups. In case when startup counts 4 of the founder, the chance for it to get the investment is meager. Among the most successful fund investment fields, there are Payments, Lending.
Funds with similar focus
|06 Sep 2021||Indonesia, Jakarta|
|$100M||21 Jul 2021||Indonesia, Jakarta|
|$8M||20 Jul 2021||China, Suzhou|
|$4M||12 Jul 2021||Singapore, Singapore|
|$9M||26 Feb 2021||Indonesia, Jakarta|
|19 Jan 2021||United Kingdom, Westminster|
|07 Jan 2021||Indonesia, Jakarta|
|$54M||02 Sep 2020||Indonesia, Jakarta|
|$11M||21 May 2020||Indonesia, Bandung|
– Spenmo, a Singapore-based provider of payments software for growing businesses, raised a US$34M Series A funding.
– The round was led by New York-based private equity and venture capital firm Insight Partners with participation from Lee Fixel’s Addition, Salesforce Ventures, Alpha JWC, Global Founders’ Capital, Broadhaven, Operator Partners and Commerce Ventures, and angel investors such as William Hockey (Founder of Plaid), Reuben Lai (Senior MD, Grab Financial Group) and Ongki Kurniawan (Head of Stripe Indonesia, Ex-Head of Grab Indonesia).
– After its launch in Singapore last year, Spenmo has since expanded across Southeast Asia and has thousands of customers from various sectors, including high-growth startups, SMBs, mid-market companies, and accounting firms.
– GudangAda, a Jakarta-based marketplace that brings wholesalers closer to retail stores and other buyers, announced it has closed a Series B of more than $100 million.
– The company says the round was oversubscribed, passing its initial target of $75 million.
– The funding was led by Asia Partners and Falcon Edge, with participation from Sequoia Capital India, Alpha JWC and Wavemaker Partners.
– This brings GudangAda’s total raised so far to about $135 million.
– Its last funding was a $25.4 million Series A last year, led by Sequoia Capital India and Alpha JWC.
– Founded in January 2019, GudangAda is now used by half a million SMEs and covers 500 cities in Indonesia.
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.