Monkfish Equity appeared to be the VC, which was created in 2011. The fund was located in Europe if to be more exact in Germany. The main department of described VC is located in the Leipzig.
The fund has no specific favorite in a number of founders of portfolio startups. In case when startup counts 5+ of the founder, the chance for it to get the investment is meager. We can highlight the next thriving fund investment areas, such as E-Commerce, Tourism. For fund there is a match between the location of its establishment and the land of its numerous investments - Germany. Besides, a startup needs to be aged 2-3 years to get the investment from the fund. Among the various public portfolio startups of the fund, we may underline SpareFoot, Exporo, Tourlane
The standard case for the fund is to invest in rounds with 3-4 partakers. Despite the Monkfish Equity, startups are often financed by Insight Partners, Vorwerk Direct Selling Ventures, HV Holtzbrinck Ventures. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are Insight Partners, Project A, HOWZAT Partners. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by Project A, HV Holtzbrinck Ventures, btov Partners.
The high activity for fund was in 2015. Despite it in 2019 the fund had an activity. The increased amount of exits for fund were in 2018. The typical startup value when the investment from Monkfish Equity is 500 millions - 1 billion dollars. The fund is generally included in 2-6 deals every year. Opposing the other organizations, this Monkfish Equity works on 15 percentage points less the average amount of lead investments. The real fund results show that this VC is 6 percentage points less often commits exit comparing to other companies. The common things for fund are deals in the range of 10 - 50 millions dollars.
The fund was created by Malte Siewert, Peter Vinnemeier, Rolf Schru00f6mgens, Stephan Stubner. We also calculated 1 valuable employee in our database.
Funds with similar focus
|Acumen LatAm Impact Ventures||Buenaventura, Colombia, Valle del Cauca|
|Agilic Capital||Connecticut, Greenwich, United States|
|EDP Renewables||Community of Madrid, Madrid, Spain|
|Excell Technology Ventures||-|
|Global PayTech Ventures||Florida, Miami, United States|
|InforMax Inc.||Bethesda, Maryland, United States|
|innogy New Ventures LLC||California, Palo Alto, United States|
|Jinfu New Material||-|
|New South Ventures||Florida, Sarasota, United States|
|PKU V-Ming Investment||China, Shanghai|
|Remy International||Indiana, Pendleton, United States|
|Severstal North America||Columbus, Mississippi, United States|
|Sherpa Asset Management||-|
|Taunton Depot, LLC||Attleboro, Massachusetts, United States|
|Third Screen Media||Boston, Massachusetts, United States|
|VIMAC Milestone Medical Fund||-|
|WaterView Partners||New York, New York, United States|
|21 Apr 2022||Berlin, Berlin, Germany|
|$3M||19 Nov 2021||Berlin, Berlin, Germany|
|$54M||05 Aug 2021||Vienna, Austria|
|$9M||31 Oct 2019||Berlin|
|$1M||13 May 2019||Turkey, Istanbul, Turkey|
|$88M||06 Feb 2019||San Francisco, California, United States|
|31 Jan 2019||Berlin, Berlin, Germany|
|21 Jan 2019||Germany, Baden-Württemberg, Germany|
|20 Dec 2018||Pasching, Oberosterreich, Austria|
– Refurbed from Vienna is a marketplace for refurbished electronics in the German speaking region promoting sustainable consumption.
– Company raised $54m in Series B funding.
– The round was led by Evli Growth Partners and Almaz Capital, which joined existing investors such as Speedinvest, Bonsai Partners and All Iron Ventures, as well as a group of new backers – Hermes GPE, C4 Ventures, SevenVentures, Alpha Associates, Monkfish Equity (Trivago Founders), Kreos, Isomer Capital and Creas Impact Fund.
– The company intends to use the funds to strengthen its position in the DACH market for refurbished electronics and focus on geographical expansion by entering more European countries, further develop and improve its product portfolio as well as focusing on scaling its international team, employing specialists from all across Europe.
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.