This summary is composed by our algorithm based on the analysis of the deals. If you think that some of this information is not accurate, please let us know about it and provide any supporting evidences if possible. Such cases will be analyzed by our ML-algorithm and implemented in our database, which will improve this summary.
South Korea, Seoul
GS Shop is a well known and established VC, which was founded in 1994. The fund is located in South Korea, Asia. GS Shop is a CVC subsidiary of a larger organisation. The primary office of this VC is located in Seoul.
The fund performance shows that this VC achieves 15 percentage points more exits in comparison to other VCs. The most common rounds for this fund are in the range of 1 - 5 millions dollars. GS Shop is involved in 23 percentage points less than the average amount of lead investments when compared with other funds. The fund usually participates in less than 2 investment rounds per year. In 2015, the fund's activity was at its peak. Besides, in 2019 the fund was active.
The fund has no an exact preference in the amount of founders of companies in its portfolio. When a start-up has 3 or 5+ founders, the probability of closing the deal is low. Moreover, a start-up needs to be 2-3 years old to get investment from this fund. Among the most popular portfolio start-ups of the fund, are HomeShop18, ROOY Inc., ZeroWeb. The country of its foundation and the country of the most frequent investments for the fund doesn't coincide - United States. In addition to this location, the fund participated in 4 other locations. Among the most popular investment industries for the fund are Mobile, Marketing. However, the fund’s focus is not limited to this, since there are 8 more areas of investment.
The usual method for the fund is to invest in rounds with 2-3 other investors. Aside from GS Shop, start-ups are often funded by StartX (Stanford-StartX Fund), Y1 Ventures, XSeed Capital and 9 other funds. The fund often co-invests with You & Mr Jones Brandtech Ventures, StartX (Stanford-StartX Fund), Samsung Ventures, overall with 3 funds from our list. In subsequent rounds, the fund is usually supported by Altos Ventures, LB Investment, Stonebridge Capital, out of 4 investors from our database.
The overall number of key employee in the fund's team is 1.
Group Appearance [how often fund is operating separately from groups with shared interest]
100.0% of cases
Investments per Year [average amount of rounds in which fund participates each year]
Follow-on Index [how often fund is ready to support its portfolio startup at next rounds]
11.1% of cases
Success / Strategy Similarity
Index [the matching between fund's investment strategy and its proved successes in the form of portfolio startups high valuations]
0.3 out of 1
Funds Investing Together
By posting comments on our website you confirm and acknowledge that:
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.