KDB Capital is the famous VC, which was founded in 1972. The company was established in Asia in South Korea. The leading representative office of defined VC is situated in the Seoul.
The fund has specific favorite in a number of founders of portfolio startups. Among the various public portfolio startups of the fund, we may underline Canesta, Mesh Korea, Urbanbase For fund there is a match between the location of its establishment and the land of its numerous investments - South Korea. Among the most successful fund investment fields, there are Information Technology, Broadcasting. Moreover, a startup needs to be at the age of 4-5 years to get the investment from the fund.
The typical case for the fund is to invest in rounds with 4-5 participants. Despite the KDB Capital, startups are often financed by TechFund Capital, Solborn Investment, FuturePlay. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are Venrock, The Carlyle Group, Shrem, Fudim, Kelner Technologies. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by Venrock, The Carlyle Group, Korea Investment Partners.
The overall number of key employees were 2.
Considering the real fund results, this VC is 12 percentage points less often commits exit comparing to other organizations. The top activity for fund was in 2018. Despite it in 2019 the fund had an activity. The common things for fund are deals in the range of 5 - 10 millions dollars. The increased amount of exits for fund were in 2010. This KDB Capital works on 21 percentage points less the average amount of lead investments comparing to the other organizations. The typical startup value when the investment from KDB Capital is 1-5 millions dollars. The fund is constantly included in less than 2 investment rounds annually.
Funds with similar focus
Good Choice Company
|$43M||28 Apr 2022||Seoul, Seoul-t'ukpyolsi, South Korea|
|$54M||23 Jun 2021||South Korea, Gyeonggi-do, South Korea|
|$50M||21 Jun 2021||South Korea, Gyeonggi-do, South Korea|
|$27M||03 Jun 2021||South Korea, Gyeonggi-do, South Korea|
|$16M||19 Apr 2021||Busan, Pusan-jikhalsi, South Korea|
|$5M||01 Dec 2020||South Korea, Gyeonggi-do, South Korea|
|$8M||30 Mar 2020||South Korea, Gyeonggi-do, South Korea|
|$5M||18 Dec 2019||South Korea|
|$15M||01 Dec 2019||South Korea|
– S-Alpha Therapeutics announced the completion of its Series A financing.
– The company raised a total of $8.7M USD (10 Billion KRW) in financing round.
– In Series A funding, all existing investors participated in this investment, and Korea Investment Partners, Stonebridge Ventures, Devsisters Ventures/KDB Capital, and Timewise Investment participated as new investors.
– Mathpresso, a Seoul, South Korea-based provider of a K-12 mobile learning app, raised $50m in Series C funding.
– The round was led by Yellowdog, GGV Capital, Goodwater Capital, KDB, and SKS Private Equity with participation from SoftBank Ventures Asia, Legend Capital, Mirae Asset Venture Investment, and Smilegate Investment.
– The company intends to use the funds to strengthen its AI-based techniques of recommendation algorithms and develop localized business models for its regional offices in Indonesia and Thailand.
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.