The main department of described VC is located in the New York. The fund was located in North America if to be more exact in United States.
The standard case for the fund is to invest in rounds with 6-7 partakers. Despite the Winklevoss capital, startups are often financed by Slow Ventures, Naval Ravikant, 500 Startups. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are Y Combinator, SV Angel, FundersClub. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by Founders Fund, FJ Labs, Accomplice.
The current fund was established by Cameron Winklevoss, Tyler Winklevoss. Besides them, we counted 4 critical employees of this fund in our database.
For fund there is a match between the country of its foundation and the country of its the most frequent investments - United States. Among the most popular fund investment industries, there are SaaS, Retail. Moreover, a startup needs to be at the age of 1 and less years to get the investment from the fund. The fund has no exact preference in some founders of portfolio startups. In case when startup counts 4 of the founder, the chance for it to get the investment is meager. Among the most popular portfolio startups of the fund, we may highlight Flexport, Cabify, Filecoin.
The high activity for fund was in 2014. Considering the real fund results, this VC is 18 percentage points less often commits exit comparing to other organizations. The common things for fund are deals in the range of 5 - 10 millions dollars. The top amount of exits for fund were in 2019. The fund is generally included in 7-12 deals every year. This Winklevoss capital works on 13 percentage points less the average amount of lead investments comparing to the other organizations.
|$200M||21 Sep 2021||Osaka, Osaka Prefecture, Japan|
|$15M||06 May 2021||Dallas, Texas, United States|
|$1M||30 Apr 2015||New York, New York, United States|
– Messari is a NYC-based crypto market intelligence company.
– The company closed a $21m Series A funding.
– Point72 Ventures led the round with participation from Coinbase Ventures, Uncork Capital, and Underscore VC as well as new strategic investors Alameda Capital, Blockchain Ventures, CMS Holdings, Gemini Frontier Fund, Winklevoss Capital, Kraken Ventures, and Nascent.
– The company intends to use the funds to expand the global reach of its Pro and Enterprise product suites, triple the size of its engineering and research teams, introduce new offerings that streamline participation in decentralized projects and their communities and to grow its institutional footprint and its community research and educational content, including the production of Mainnet 2021, Messari’s annual summit, which the company will host September 20-22 in New York City.
– Crusoe Energy Systems from San Francisco has closed a $128m Series B equity financing led by Valor Equity Partners.
– Lowercarbon Capital, DRW Venture Capital, Founders Fund, Bain Capital Ventures, Coinbase Ventures, Polychain Capital, KCK Group, Upper90, Winklevoss Capital, Exor, Zigg Capital and JB Straubel participated.
– The company provides solutions for the energy industry.
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.