In 2001 was created UMC Capital, which is appeared as VC. The company was established in Asia in Taiwan. The leading representative office of defined VC is situated in the Hsinchu.
The increased amount of exits for fund were in 2015. Considering the real fund results, this VC is 3 percentage points less often commits exit comparing to other organizations. The fund is constantly included in 2-6 investment rounds annually. The important activity for fund was in 2017. Despite it in 2019 the fund had an activity. The usual things for fund are deals in the range of 10 - 50 millions dollars. This UMC Capital works on 5 percentage points more the average amount of lead investments comparing to the other organizations.
Among the most popular portfolio startups of the fund, we may highlight Thismoment, QSecure, AtScale. For fund there is no match between the country of its foundation and the country of its the most frequent investments - United States. Among the most popular fund investment industries, there are Semiconductor, Manufacturing. The fund has no exact preference in some founders of portfolio startups. If startup sums 5+ of the founder, the chance for it to be financed is low. Moreover, a startup needs to be at the age of 4-5 years to get the investment from the fund.
We also calculated 3 valuable employees in our database.
The usual cause for the fund is to invest in rounds with 4-5 partakers. Despite the UMC Capital, startups are often financed by Storm Ventures, Worldview Technology Partners, Societe Generale Asset Management. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are Sierra Ventures, Comcast Ventures, XSeed Capital. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by Storm Ventures, Worldview Technology Partners, Sierra Ventures.
Funds with similar focus
|10Branch||Oregon, Portland, United States|
|4DX Ventures||Brooklyn, New York, United States|
|Atlas Advisors||New York, New York, United States|
|BGF Industries||Greensboro, North Carolina, United States|
|En Pointe Technologies||California, Gardena, United States|
|Florin Investment Group||China, Shanghai|
|Guohua Capital||China, Guangdong, Shenzhen|
|Lufeng Fund||China, Shanghai|
|Mellon Ventures||Pennsylvania, Pittsburgh, United States|
|Michigan Strategic Fund||-|
|Moonrock Capital||England, London, United Kingdom|
|Premier Capital Management||Orem, United States, Utah|
|Suzhou Wenyue Venture Capital Center||China, Jiangsu, Suzhou|
|Three Lakes Partners||-|
|venBio Select Advisor||-|
|ZGI Capital||Latvia, Riga, Vidzeme|
|$10M||07 Apr 2022||New Taipei, Taiwan|
|$15M||09 Nov 2021||Dongcheng District, Beijing, China|
|$30M||21 Oct 2021||Jiang'an District, Hubei, China|
|$83M||06 Oct 2021||Israel, North District, Israel|
|$35M||21 Jul 2021||Sunnyvale, California, United States|
|$17M||25 May 2021||Palo Alto, California, United States|
|$17M||24 May 2021||El Monte, California, United States|
|$30M||14 May 2020||Indiana, United States|
|10 Mar 2020||San Jose, California, United States|
– Sonatus, a Sunnyvale, Calif.-based automotive software company, raised $35m in Series A funding.
– The round was led by Translink Capital with participation from Hyundai Motor Group’s Kia Corporation, SAIC Capital, LG Electronics, Marvell, UMC Capital, and Wanxiang Group Company.
– The new investment will be used to accelerate global growth and further expand its roadmap of next-generation software-defined vehicle solutions.
– SiLC Technologies announced a $17m Series A funding round led by Alter Venture Partners and Dell Technologies Capital.
– The round was also supported by Fluxunit – OSRAM Ventures, Sony Innovation Fund by IGV, Epson, UMC Capital, Yamato Holdings and Global Brain.
– The additional financing will be used to expand SiLC’s operations, accelerate product development and gain additional production design wins – all in preparation for pre-production and product launch activities.
– Over the last year, SiLC has provided development systems to customers that are at the forefront of their respective market segments, including mobility, industrial machine vision, robotics, augmented reality, and consumer applications.
– The new funds will help further customer traction and support bringing these products to market.
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.