Pontifax appeared to be the VC, which was created in 2004. The main department of described VC is located in the Herzliya. The fund was located in Asia if to be more exact in Israel.
The important activity for fund was in 2017. The usual things for fund are deals in the range of 10 - 50 millions dollars. Speaking about the real fund results, this VC is 7 percentage points more often commits exit comparing to other organizations. Comparing to the other companies, this Pontifax performs on 4 percentage points less the average number of lead investments. The fund is generally included in 2-6 deals every year. The increased amount of exits for fund were in 2019.
For fund there is a match between the country of its foundation and the country of its the most frequent investments - Israel. The fund has specific favorite in a number of founders of portfolio startups. In case when startup counts 4 of the founder, the chance for it to get the investment is meager. Besides, a startup requires to be at the age of 6-10 years to receive the investment from the fund. Among the most popular portfolio startups of the fund, we may highlight 89bio, Dynacure, Check-Cap. Among the most successful fund investment fields, there are Pharmaceutical, Health Care.
This organization was formed by Ran Nussbaum, Tomer Kariv. The overall number of key employees were 10.
The standard case for the fund is to invest in rounds with 4-5 partakers. Despite the Pontifax, startups are often financed by OrbiMed, Ziegler Meditech Equity Partners, Perceptive Advisors. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are Docor International Management, Quark Venture, Triventures. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by Yissum Technology Transfer Company of the Hebrew University, Docor International Management, Clal Biotechnology Industries.
|67M||31 Jul 2019||France, Écully|
|28M||11 Jan 2016|
|3M||12 Apr 2017||France, Saulx-les-Chartreux|
|6M||14 Apr 2016||France, Saulx-les-Chartreux|
|30M||18 Aug 2016||Israel, Ramat Gan|
|51M||27 Jan 2016||United States, Menlo Park|
|12M||08 Dec 2014||Israel, Ramat Gan|
|15 Sep 2012||Israel, Kiryat Shmona|
|45M||29 Jun 2017||United States, Foster City|
|32M||07 Jun 2017||United States, Beverly|
By posting comments on our website you confirm and acknowledge that:
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.