Northstar Ventures is the famous VC, which was founded in 2004. The fund was located in Europe if to be more exact in United Kingdom. The main office of represented VC is situated in the Newcastle Upon Tyne.
The typical case for the fund is to invest in rounds with 1-2 participants. Despite the Northstar Ventures, startups are often financed by Tiger Corporate Finance, Prime Ventures, Octopus Ventures. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are Prime Ventures, Tiger Corporate Finance, IP Group Plc. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by Tiger Corporate Finance, Prime Ventures, Potential VC.
For fund there is a match between the country of its foundation and the country of its the most frequent investments - United Kingdom. Besides, a startup requires to be at the age of 6-10 years to receive the investment from the fund. The fund has exact preference in some founders of portfolio startups. When startup sums 5+ of the founder, the probability for it to get the investment is little. Among the most successful fund investment fields, there are Mobile, Social Media. Among the most popular portfolio startups of the fund, we may highlight Eco Plastics, Amplience, MindMate.
Speaking about the real fund results, this VC is 16 percentage points less often commits exit comparing to other organizations. The increased amount of exits for fund were in 2014. Comparing to the other companies, this Northstar Ventures performs on 26 percentage points less the average number of lead investments. The typical startup value when the investment from Northstar Ventures is 100 thousands - 1 million dollars. The top activity for fund was in 2011. Despite it in 2019 the fund had an activity. Deals in the range of 100 thousands - 1 million dollars are the general things for fund. The fund is generally included in 25-48 deals every year.
We also calculated 4 valuable employees in our database.
Funds with similar focus
|$506K||27 Feb 2023||North Tyneside, England, United Kingdom|
|$8M||09 Feb 2023||Jakarta, Jakarta Raya, Indonesia|
|$4M||26 Jan 2023||London, England, United Kingdom|
|$2M||09 Dec 2022||Vale of White Horse, England, United Kingdom|
|$1M||30 Nov 2022||United Kingdom, England, United Kingdom|
|$1M||07 Nov 2022||London, England, United Kingdom|
Advanced Electric Machines
|$342K||24 Oct 2022||Newcastle upon Tyne, North East, United Kingdom|
|$4M||28 Sep 2022||Dublin, County Dublin, Ireland|
|06 Sep 2022||United Kingdom, England, United Kingdom|
– onHand, a London, UK-based on-demand volunteering app, raised £1m in funding.
– The round was led by Northstar Ventures with participation from Dhiraj Mukherjee, and existing investors.
– The new investment will be used to further invest in the company’s tech, expand its reach across the U.K and introduce further volunteering opportunities for employees to support with youth mentoring, older adult help, homelessness and environmental projects.
– Income insurance startup Asteya announces its launch and disclosed fundraising of $10 million.
– Investors include I2BF Ventures, Capital Factory, Cap Meridian Ventures, Northstar Ventures, Atrum, as well as angel investors Whitney Wolfe Herd and Geeta Sankappanavar.
– Asteya™ was founded by CEO Alex Williamson, the former Chief Brand Officer at Bumble and Hadi Radwan, Chief Product Officer.
– The company is working with A-rated carriers including Munich Re and certain underwriters at Lloyd’s.
– Asteya’s solution is purpose-built to help give people peace of mind through the unanticipated circumstances that have increasingly become facts of life.
– Asteya’s applications are completely online and users may get coverage within minutes rather than days and weeks.
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.