CRE Venture Capital is the famous VC, which was founded in 2014. The fund was located in Africa if to be more exact in South Africa. The main office of represented VC is situated in the Johannesburg.
The fund was created by Pardon Makumbe, Pule Taukobong. The overall number of key employees were 4.
The standard case for the fund is to invest in rounds with 4-5 partakers. Despite the CRE Venture Capital, startups are often financed by Spark Capital, Omidyar Network, GV. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are Spark Capital, Omidyar Network, GV. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by Spark Capital, GV, Omidyar Network.
The common things for fund are deals in the range of 10 - 50 millions dollars. The average startup value when the investment from CRE Venture Capital is 1-5 millions dollars. Considering the real fund results, this VC is 6 percentage points less often commits exit comparing to other organizations. The top activity for fund was in 2015. The fund is generally included in 2-6 deals every year.
Besides, a startup needs to be aged 2-3 years to get the investment from the fund. For fund there is no match between the location of its establishment and the land of its numerous investments - United States. Among the most successful fund investment fields, there are Internet, Software. Among the various public portfolio startups of the fund, we may underline Andela, OneUni, Lynk The fund has no specific favorite in a number of founders of portfolio startups.
|$6M||25 Nov 2021||Lagos, Lagos, Nigeria|
|$2M||30 Aug 2021||Lagos, Lagos, Nigeria|
|$7M||08 Jul 2021||Oakland, California, United States|
|$5M||11 Mar 2021||North Holland|
|$2M||28 May 2020||Gauteng|
|$35M||21 Jan 2020||San Francisco, California, United States|
|$20M||18 Dec 2019||Lagos, Lagos, Nigeria|
|$3M||07 Oct 2019||South Africa, Gauteng, South Africa|
|$1M||19 Mar 2019||North Holland|
– Smile Identity from Lagos, Nigeria provides ID verification and KYC compliance through Artificial Intelligence.
– The company raised $7M in Series A Funding.
– The round was led by Costanoa Ventures with participation from CRE Venture Capital, Local Globe, Intercept Ventures, Future Africa Ventures, Khosla Impact ValueStream Ventures, Beta Ventures, 500 Startups and Story Ventures.
– The company plans to use the new funding to improve its services, expand across more markets, add support for more ID types and hire more engineers and support staff across Africa.
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.