Gimv is the famous VC, which was founded in 1980. The main office of represented VC is situated in the Antwerpen. The fund was located in Europe if to be more exact in Belgium.
The fund has no exact preference in a number of founders of portfolio startups. If startup sums 4 of the founder, the chance for it to be financed is low. Among the various public portfolio startups of the fund, we may underline Neurotech, AgroSavfe, FIRE1 Among the most successful fund investment fields, there are Therapeutics, Enterprise Software. For fund there is a match between the location of its establishment and the land of its numerous investments - Belgium. Moreover, a startup needs to be at the age of 6-10 years to get the investment from the fund.
The typical case for the fund is to invest in rounds with 4-5 participants. Despite the Gimv, startups are often financed by Sofinnova Partners, Novartis Venture Fund, 3i Group. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are Neomed Management, Andera Partners, VI Partners AG. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by Sofinnova Partners, Neomed Management, HBM Healthcare Investments AG.
Besides them, we counted 31 critical employees of this fund in our database.
The top activity for fund was in 2013. Despite it in 2019 the fund had an activity. This Gimv works on 3 percentage points more the average amount of lead investments comparing to the other organizations. The fund is generally included in 7-12 deals every year. The usual things for fund are deals in the range of 10 - 50 millions dollars. The higher amount of exits for fund were in 2017. Considering the real fund results, this VC is 12 percentage points more often commits exit comparing to other organizations.
|43M||20 Aug 2009||United States, Scottsdale|
Oree Advanced Illumination Solutions
|7M||03 May 2007||Israel, Ramat Gan|
|9M||07 Aug 2004||Panama, San Francisco|
|6M||22 Dec 2000||Netherlands, 's-Hertogenbosch|
|47M||17 Mar 2003||United States, Lexington|
|20M||08 Feb 2007||Belgium, Ghent|
|23M||01 Oct 1999||Togo, Lomé|
|8M||27 Mar 2006||Belgium, Geel|
|40M||05 Sep 2019||Belgium, Geel|
|12M||25 Oct 2006||United Kingdom, Stockport|
By posting comments on our website you confirm and acknowledge that:
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.