In 2013 was created Episode 1, which is appeared as VC. The main department of described VC is located in the London. The venture was found in Europe in United Kingdom.
Besides, a startup needs to be aged 2-3 years to get the investment from the fund. For fund there is a match between the location of its establishment and the land of its numerous investments - United Kingdom. The fund has exact preference in some founders of portfolio startups. In case when startup counts 5+ of the founder, the chance for it to get the investment is meager. Among the most popular portfolio startups of the fund, we may highlight ThirdEye, TVbeat, SWIFT SHIFT. We can highlight the next thriving fund investment areas, such as E-Commerce, Big Data.
The standard case for the fund is to invest in rounds with 2-3 partakers. Despite the Episode 1, startups are often financed by Simon Murdoch, Entrepreneur First, Balderton Capital. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are Act Venture Capital, Balderton Capital, Seedcamp. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by Upscale, Balderton Capital, Entrepreneur First.
The current fund was established by Adrian Lloyd, Damien Lane, Simon Murdoch. Besides them, we counted 5 critical employees of this fund in our database.
The fund is constantly included in 7-12 deals per year. The top activity for fund was in 2014. Opposing the other organizations, this Episode 1 works on 27 percentage points less the average amount of lead investments. The average startup value when the investment from Episode 1 is 100 thousands - 1 million dollars. The top amount of exits for fund were in 2019. Considering the real fund results, this VC is 37 percentage points more often commits exit comparing to other organizations. Deals in the range of 1 - 5 millions dollars are the general things for fund.
Funds with similar focus
|ACACIA ASSET MANAGEMENT AB||Stockholm, Stockholm County, Sweden|
|Arsat Group||Arad, Arad, Romania|
|Changzhou Defengjie||Changzhou, China, Zhejiang|
|China Securities Credit Investment||China, Futian, Guangdong|
|CIFL Ltd||Kansas City, Missouri, United States|
|San Antonio Military Medical Innovation Fund||-|
|The Straus Group||-|
|Weld North||Connecticut, Greenwich, United States|
|$12M||23 Jun 2022||Sheffield, England, United Kingdom|
|$45M||21 Jun 2022||London, England, United Kingdom|
|$5M||23 May 2022||London, England, United Kingdom|
|$4M||01 Apr 2022||London, England, United Kingdom|
|$11M||28 Mar 2022||Cambridge, England, United Kingdom|
|$120M||22 Mar 2022||London, England, United Kingdom|
|$3M||09 Dec 2021||London, England, United Kingdom|
|$6M||14 Nov 2021||London, England, United Kingdom|
|$14M||10 Nov 2021||London, England, United Kingdom|
– Vector.ai, a freight forwarding platform, raised $15m in Series A funding.
– The round was led by Bessemer Venture Partners and joined by existing investors Dynamo Ventures and Episode 1.
– The company plans to accelerate its international expansion plans as an automated system for freight forwarders.
– PassFort is a London, UK-based SaaS RegTech platform.
– The company raised 16.2m USD in Series A funding.
– The round was led by Level Equity, with participation from existing investors OpenOcean, Episode 1 and Entrepreneur First. $4.89m worth of venture debt was also provided by Shard Credit Partners.
– The new investment will be used to expand the company’s global growth plans.
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.