Cultivian Sandbox Ventures
This summary is composed by our algorithm based on the analysis of the deals. If you think that some of this information is not accurate, please let us know about it and provide any supporting evidences if possible. Such cases will be analyzed by our ML-algorithm and implemented in our database, which will improve this summary.
United States, Chicago
Cultivian Sandbox Ventures is the renowned VC, which was created in 2008. The VC's location is in North America, United States. The the headquarters of this VC is in Chicago.
Descartes Labs, Nuritas, Agrivida are among the most popular portfolio start-ups of the fund. The fund has no a preferred number of founders for start-ups that it invests in. When a start-up has 3 founders, the probability of closing the deal is low. The country of its establishment and the country of its most frequent investments coincides - United States. However, start-ups from 1 other country can be found in the fund's portfolio. Also, a start-up has to be aged 6-10 years to expect investment from this fund. Among the most popular investment industries for the fund are Agriculture, Sustainability. However, the fund’s focus is not limited to this, since there are 8 more areas of investment.
The usual method for the fund is to invest in rounds with 4-5 other investors. Along with Cultivian Sandbox Ventures, start-ups are often financed by Pangaea Ventures, Open Prairie, Northgate Capital as well as 15 other investors. Other VCs who often invest in the same rounds are Middleland Capital, Open Prairie, Pangaea Ventures, the total number of co-investors is 12. The investors in the following rounds are usually Open Prairie, Middleland Capital, Pangaea Ventures, and 8 VCs in total.
The fund's activity peaked in 2014. Additionally, in 2019 the fund was active. Typical investments for this fund are deals in the range of 10 - 50 millions dollars. In real terms, this VC performs 36 percentage points more exits than other funds. The fund usually participates in 2-6 investment rounds per year.
Mail Rule [rules by which you can get an email of an interesting for you fund employee, knowing only the name and surname of this employee]
Domain name: cultiviansbx.com; User name format in descending order of probability: first
Group Appearance [how often fund is operating separately from groups with shared interest]
100.0% of cases
Investments per Year [average amount of rounds in which fund participates each year]
Follow-on Index [how often fund is ready to support its portfolio startup at next rounds]
30.8% of cases
By posting comments on our website you confirm and acknowledge that:
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.