This summary is composed by our algorithm based on the analysis of the deals. If you think that some of this information is not accurate, please let us know about it and provide any supporting evidences if possible. Such cases will be analyzed by our ML-algorithm and implemented in our database, which will improve this summary.
United States, San Francisco
Coinbase Ventures is a well known and established VC, which was founded in 2018. This investor is located in North America, United States. Coinbase Ventures is a CVC subsidiary of a larger organisation. The primary office of this VC is located in San Francisco.
The country of its foundation and the country of the most frequent investments for the fund coincides - United States. In addition to this location, the fund participated in 2 other locations. The fund has no an exact preference in the amount of founders of companies in its portfolio. When a start-up has 5+ founders, the probability of closing the deal is low. Among their most successful investment fields, we have identified Ethereum, Software. Also, because of its portfolio diversification tendency, we can highlight 8 more industries for this fund. Among the most popular portfolio start-ups of the fund, are Nomics, TruStory, Staked us. Moreover, a start-up needs to be 1 and less years old to get investment from this fund.
The fund typically invests in rounds with 6-7 participants. Aside from Coinbase Ventures, start-ups are often funded by MetaStable Capital, Polychain, Naval Ravikant and 6 other funds. Other VCs who often invest in the same rounds are Pantera Capital, Polychain, Digital Currency Group, the total number of co-investors is 16. In subsequent rounds, the fund is usually supported by gumi Cryptos Capital, Y Combinator, True Ventures.
Besides the listed founders, we have found 1 key employee of this fund in our database.
In comparison with other funds, Coinbase Ventures makes 25 percentage points less than the average number of lead investments. The fund's activity peaked in 2019. The fund performance shows that this VC achieves 11 percentage points less exits in comparison to other VCs. The fund typically enters into 7-12 deals annually. The most common rounds for this fund are in the range of 5 - 10 millions dollars.
Group Appearance [how often fund is operating separately from groups with shared interest]
100.0% of cases
Investments per Year [average amount of rounds in which fund participates each year]
By posting comments on our website you confirm and acknowledge that:
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.