The venture was found in Europe in Switzerland. The main office of represented VC is situated in the Basel.
The fund was created by Gerhard Ries. We also calculated 4 valuable employees in our database.
The fund has exact preference in a number of founders of portfolio startups. If startup sums 3 of the founder, the chance for it to be financed is low. Among the most popular portfolio startups of the fund, we may highlight Anergis, Inotrem, Miracor Medical. Besides, a startup requires to be at the age of 6-10 years to receive the investment from the fund. We can highlight the next thriving fund investment areas, such as Developer Platform, Health Care. For fund there is a match between the location of its establishment and the land of its numerous investments - Switzerland.
The usual things for fund are deals in the range of 10 - 50 millions dollars. The fund is constantly included in 2-6 deals per year. This BioMedPartners works on 0 percentage points more the average amount of lead investments comparing to the other organizations. The high activity for fund was in 2014. Despite it in 2019 the fund had an activity. The top amount of exits for fund were in 2014. Considering the real fund results, this VC is 12 percentage points more often commits exit comparing to other organizations.
The usual cause for the fund is to invest in rounds with 4-5 partakers. Despite the BioMedPartners, startups are often financed by Novartis Venture Fund, High-Tech Gru00fcnderfonds, KfW. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are Novartis Venture Fund, BB Biotech Ventures, Neomed Management. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by SV Health Investors, Novartis Venture Fund, HBM Healthcare Investments AG.
Funds with similar focus
|$77M||07 Jun 2022||Zurich, Switzerland|
|$70M||03 May 2022||Munich, Bavaria, Germany|
|$94M||16 Mar 2022||City of Brussels, Belgium|
|$33M||10 Mar 2022||Amsterdam, North Holland, Netherlands|
|$75M||25 Aug 2021||Hanover, Lower Saxony, Germany|
|$21M||29 Jul 2021||Germany, Baden-Württemberg, Germany|
|$65M||15 Jun 2021||Basel, Basel-City, Switzerland|
|$58M||01 Dec 2020||Basel, Basel-City, Switzerland|
|$25M||19 Oct 2020||Baden-Württemberg|
– Cardior Pharmaceuticals from Hanover develops non-coding RNA (ncRNA)-based therapeutics for patients with cardiac diseases.
– The company closed a €64m ($76m) Series B financing round.
– The round was led by Inkef Capital, supported by fellow new investors Fund+, Sunstone, Hadean Ventures and Coparion with participation from existing investors including LSP, BioMedPartners, Bristol Myers Squibb and High-Tech Gründerfonds.
– The new investment will be used for the late-stage clinical development of its lead program and the expansion of its earlier-stage pipeline.
– Alentis Therapeutics from Basel develops new treatments for fibrotic diseases.
– The company raised $67m in Series B financing round.
– The round was led by Morningside Venture Investments, joined by Jeito Capital and Series A investors BioMed Partners, BB Pureos Bioventures, Bpifrance through its InnoBio 2 fund, High-Tech Gründerfonds and Schroders Capital.
– The new investment will be used to support the company’s drug discovery programs targeting other fibrotic diseases and hepatobiliary cancers.
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.