In 1991 was created Nissay Capital, which is appeared as VC. The main department of described VC is located in the Tokyo. The fund was located in Asia if to be more exact in Japan.
The fund has no exact preference in a number of founders of portfolio startups. In case when startup counts 4 of the founder, the chance for it to get the investment is meager. Besides, a startup needs to be aged 4-5 years to get the investment from the fund. For fund there is a match between the country of its foundation and the country of its the most frequent investments - Japan. Among the most successful fund investment fields, there are Crowdsourcing, Software. Among the most popular portfolio startups of the fund, we may highlight Raksul, Sansan, Itandi.
The overall number of key employees were 2.
The standard case for the fund is to invest in rounds with 2-3 partakers. Despite the Nissay Capital, startups are often financed by Incubate Fund, CyberAgent Capital, Archetype Ventures. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are Mitsubishi UFJ Capital, Nippon Venture Capital, Innovation Network Corporation of Japan. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by SMBC Venture Capital, Innovation Network Corporation of Japan, SBI Investment.
The top amount of exits for fund were in 2018. The common things for fund are deals in the range of 1 - 5 millions dollars. The important activity for fund was in 2017. Despite it in 2019 the fund had an activity. Speaking about the real fund results, this VC is 6 percentage points more often commits exit comparing to other organizations. The fund is constantly included in 2-6 deals per year. Opposing the other organizations, this Nissay Capital works on 22 percentage points less the average amount of lead investments.
|$35M||06 Jun 2022||Chiyoda, Japan|
|$10M||13 Oct 2021||Chiyoda, Japan|
|$3M||12 Jun 2021||Tsuruga, Fukui Prefecture, Japan|
|$37M||11 Jun 2021||Chiyoda, Japan|
|$910K||10 Jun 2021||Chiyoda, Japan|
|$7M||10 May 2021||Chiyoda, Japan|
Global Trust Networks
|$4M||28 Mar 2021||Chiyoda, Japan|
|09 Mar 2021||Japan, Yamaguchi Prefecture, Japan|
|$3M||26 Feb 2021||Chiyoda, Japan|
– Heartseed, a Tokyo-based biotechnology company developing iPSC-derived cardiomyocytes for heart failure (HF), announced it has raised 4 Billion-yen (approx. $37 Million) at Series C round, bringing its total financial backing to 8.2 Billion yen (approx. $75 Million) since its foundation in 2015.
– New investors are UTokyo Innovation Platform Co. (UTokyo IPC), Medical Incubator Japan, Keio Innovation Initiative (KII), and Sumitomo Mitsui Trust Investment. Among the existing investors, SBI Group, Nissay Capital, SMBC Capital, Medipal Holdings, and Itochu Chemical Frontier participated in this round.
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.