IBM appeared to be the Corporate Investor, which was created in 1911. The fund was located in North America if to be more exact in United States. The leading representative office of defined Corporate Investor is situated in the Armonk.
The fund was created by Thomas J. Watson. The overall number of key employees were 55.
The top amount of exits for fund were in 2005. The common things for fund are deals in the range of 10 - 50 millions dollars. Speaking about the real fund results, this Corporate Investor is 7 percentage points less often commits exit comparing to other organizations. The fund is constantly included in less than 2 investment rounds annually. The high activity for fund was in 2000. Despite it in 2019 the fund had an activity. The average startup value when the investment from IBM is 10-50 millions dollars. Comparing to the other companies, this IBM performs on 6 percentage points less the average number of lead investments.
The usual cause for the fund is to invest in rounds with 4-5 partakers. Despite the IBM, startups are often financed by ICONIQ Capital, Valhalla Partners, Summit Partners. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are IBM Ventures, Intel Capital, J & W Seligman. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by Sternhill Partners, Redpoint, Mission Ventures.
Moreover, a startup needs to be at the age of 4-5 years to get the investment from the fund. Among the various public portfolio startups of the fund, we may underline MIT-IBM Watson AI Lab, Lightbend, Fast Track The fund has no specific favorite in a number of founders of portfolio startups. When startup sums 3 or 5+ of the founder, the probability for it to get the investment is little. Among the most successful fund investment fields, there are Cloud Computing, Finance. For fund there is a match between the country of its foundation and the country of its the most frequent investments - United States.
|Ardsley Partners||Connecticut, Stamford, United States|
|Blackfinch Ventures||England, Gloucester, United Kingdom|
|Hongjie Jijin||China, Hangzhou, Zhejiang|
|Malaysian Life Sciences Capital Fund||Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia|
|Pentalabbs||Centre, France, La Chapelle-saint-mesmin|
|RBL Capital Group||-|
|SPARX Innovation for the Future||Chiyoda, Japan|
|Talkweb||Changsha, China, Jiangsu|
|TriStar Management||California, Soledad, United States|
|$250K||02 May 2022||Cairo, Al Qahirah, Egypt|
|$298M||02 Apr 2022||Dallas, Texas, United States|
|$120K||04 Jan 2022||Nairobi, Nairobi, Kenya|
|$5M||13 Jun 2021||Sydney, New South Wales, Australia|
|$300K||19 Dec 2020||Delaware, United States|
|21 May 2020||County Dublin|
|$25M||09 Mar 2020||San Francisco, California, United States|
|$35M||11 Dec 2019||New York, United States|
|$150K||03 Nov 2019||Dublin, County Dublin, Ireland|
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.