In 2013 was created Haystack, which is appeared as VC. The company was established in North America in United States. The leading representative office of defined VC is situated in the San Francisco.
The standard case for the fund is to invest in rounds with 7-8 partakers. Despite the Haystack, startups are often financed by Tuesday Capital, Pear Ventures, Urban Us. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are Pear Ventures, Susa Ventures, Urban Us. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by Lux Capital, Khosla Ventures, GGV Capital.
When the investment is from Haystack the average startup value is 1-5 millions dollars. The increased amount of exits for fund were in 2018. Considering the real fund results, this VC is 17 percentage points less often commits exit comparing to other organizations. Comparing to the other companies, this Haystack performs on 19 percentage points less the average number of lead investments. The high activity for fund was in 2016. Despite it in 2019 the fund had an activity. Deals in the range of 1 - 5 millions dollars are the general things for fund. The fund is generally included in 7-12 deals every year.
This organization was formed by Semil Shah. Besides them, we counted 1 critical employee of this fund in our database.
Moreover, a startup needs to be at the age of 2-3 years to get the investment from the fund. We can highlight the next thriving fund investment areas, such as Autonomous Vehicles, Machine Learning. Among the most popular portfolio startups of the fund, we may highlight Instacart, DoorDash, OpenDoor Labs. The fund has no exact preference in a number of founders of portfolio startups. If startup sums 5+ of the founder, the chance for it to be financed is low. For fund there is a match between the country of its foundation and the country of its the most frequent investments - United States.
|7M||30 Nov 2017||United States, New York|
|2M||21 Jul 2015||United States, New York|
Managed by Q
|1M||19 Nov 2014||United States, New York|
|9M||24 Sep 2020||United States, New York|
|2M||27 Feb 2019||United Kingdom, Boston|
|1M||14 Jul 2017||United States, Los Angeles|
|16M||10 Apr 2019||United States, New York|
|11M||10 Dec 2018||United Kingdom, Cambridge|
|10M||08 Nov 2018||Panama, San Francisco|
|19 Jul 2016||Panama, San Francisco|
By posting comments on our website you confirm and acknowledge that:
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.