In 2013 was created DHVC, which is appeared as VC. The fund was located in North America if to be more exact in United States. The main office of represented VC is situated in the Palo Alto.
The current fund was established by Andrew Gu, Shoucheng Zhang. Besides them, we counted 5 critical employees of this fund in our database.
The standard case for the fund is to invest in rounds with 5-6 partakers. Despite the DHVC, startups are often financed by ZhenFund, Wei Guo, Sequoia Capital. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are AME Cloud Ventures, ZhenFund, New Enterprise Associates. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by GV, Andreessen Horowitz, GGV Capital.
Among the various public portfolio startups of the fund, we may underline Flexport, ContextLogic (dba. Wish), Lime For fund there is a match between the country of its foundation and the country of its the most frequent investments - United States. Moreover, a startup needs to be at the age of 2-3 years to get the investment from the fund. The fund has no specific favorite in a number of founders of portfolio startups. If startup sums 5+ of the founder, the chance for it to be financed is low. We can highlight the next thriving fund investment areas, such as Financial Services, Software.
The fund is constantly included in 13-24 investment rounds annually. Opposing the other organizations, this DHVC works on 26 percentage points less the average amount of lead investments. The important activity for fund was in 2018. When the investment is from DHVC the average startup value is 500 millions - 1 billion dollars. Speaking about the real fund results, this VC is 7 percentage points less often commits exit comparing to other organizations. The common things for fund are deals in the range of 10 - 50 millions dollars. The increased amount of exits for fund were in 2019.
|$15M||18 May 2022||-|
|$6M||21 Jan 2022||Palo Alto, California, United States|
|$5M||30 Dec 2021||Palo Alto, California, United States|
|$33M||06 Dec 2021||California, United States|
|$31M||22 Oct 2021||California, United States|
|$10M||24 Aug 2021||California, United States|
|$5M||16 Jun 2021||-|
|$43M||26 May 2021||San Francisco, California, United States|
|$61M||24 May 2021||San Francisco, California, United States|
– Engine Biosciences announced the successful completion of an oversubscribed $43m Series A funding round.
– Engine identifies errors in the complex genetic codes of diseases, fixing them with precise therapeutic solutions.
– This round was led by Polaris Partners and also included new investors Invus and one of the world’s premier institutional investors, based in Singapore.
– Existing investors also participated in the Series A, which included 6 Dimensions Capital, WuXi AppTec, DHVC, EDBI, Baidu Ventures, Vectr Ventures, Goodman Capital, WI Harper, and Nest.Bio.
– Amy Schulman, Managing Partner at Polaris Partners, has joined the Engine Biosciences Board of Directors.
– Chia Network Inc., a company built around a new energy efficient decentralized blockchain and smart transaction platform founded by Bram Cohen, has secured a $61m Series D Preferred equity investment led by Richmond Global Ventures and Andreessen Horowitz, with participation from True Ventures, Slow Ventures, Cygni Capital, Breyer Capital, Naval Ravikant, Collab+Currency and DHVC.
– David Frazee from Richmond Global Ventures will join Chia’s board.
– The proceeds from the financing will accelerate Chia Network’s mission to operate a more energy-efficient, secure and user-friendly payment system for governments, financial institutions, corporations and consumers worldwide.
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.