Dark Horse Investment
This summary is composed by our algorithm based on the analysis of the deals. If you think that some of this information is not accurate, please let us know about it and provide any supporting evidences if possible. Such cases will be analyzed by our ML-algorithm and implemented in our database, which will improve this summary.
Hong Kong, North Point
Dark Horse Investment was established in 2008, and is a well known VC. This investor is located in Asia, Hong Kong. The primary office of this VC is located in North Point.
The usual method for the fund is to invest in rounds with 3-4 other investors. The fund often co-invests with Vertex Ventures Southeast Asia & India, Vertex Ventures, Spring SEEDS Capital.
Clearbridge Biomedics is amongst the various portfolio company of this fund. The country of its establishment and the country of its most frequent investments doesn't coincide - Singapore. Among the most popular investment industries for the fund are Biotechnology, Health Diagnostics. However, the fund’s focus is not limited to this, since there are 3 more areas of investment.
When Dark Horse Investment invests, the average start-up valuation is 5-10 millions dollars. The most common rounds for this fund are in the range of 1 - 5 millions dollars. The fund usually participates in less than 2 investment rounds per year. The fund's activity peaked in 2013.
The fund was created by Dominic Chan. The overall number of key employees in the fund's team is 3.
Group Appearance [how often fund is operating separately from groups with shared interest]
100.0% of cases
Investments per Year [average amount of rounds in which fund participates each year]
Average Portfolio Company
Exit Age [the average age of portfolio startups at which they go public or become acquired]
Success / Strategy Similarity
Index [the matching between fund's investment strategy and its proved successes in the form of portfolio startups high valuations]
0.6 out of 1
Funds Investing Together
By posting comments on our website you confirm and acknowledge that:
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.